Help!!!!! any advice please!!!,

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi can anyone help me with some advice pleas! It's late on a Friday night and I have just found this website, I'm so glad that I have! I have broken my tib and fib -(think it's called a bimaellour fracture?) I did it on a pair of high heels at Xmas party, stupid or what??? I climbed up one step and it was gone over, my future for next how ever many months mapped out for me I a nano second!!!! I have the usual metal plate and screws like many of you folk in here. I had my cast off on Monday and went to a physio today who advised me to not use the airboot and "try " to use just the crutches in the house and airboot outside. I a m confused as the consultant at the hospital said keep boot on for two weeks then ditch it AND the crutches. I am really confused, I want to push myself but don't want to do any damage. I am so down, fed up and FRUSTRATED? I have been given exercises from the physio man which he said to do every couple of hours and push through the pain as he said it needs to get moving ASAP. My ankle is so swollen, STIFF and painful. I just don't know what advice is the best? I am 49 WAS fit doing spinning, gym, swimming and lots of classes. Help! 

0 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I'm today 16 weeks post fracture and op with screws. I was in cast for 6 weeks nwb then was given boot but didn't really wear it....my partner is great massage's it every evening and I've been going without even crutches for about 5 weeks. Had first physio end January and doesn't need to see me again! After reading other people's stories was so worried I would be house bound etc...but I'm lucky can walk with not much limp and drive. It does still get painful and swells a little but keep using it. I constantly move it whilst sitting and try and walk...this if I don't it hurts more and gets stiff. Keep at your good work and keep me posted with progress! ☺☺
    • Posted

Wow wee sounds like you've done amazing!!!!!!!!! Yep the trick is to keep it moving I agree. Great news if you don't need PT anymore that's great!  I'm 8 weeks post op now, I've ditched  the boot and crutches now and can just about walk up the stairs but coming down still one step at a time. 

My PT session really help and I'm doing my excercises very few hours and the pool really helps too. I've now got a stationary bike set up so I'm using that as well. Hopefully I'll get there like us all . Take care and well done 💋🇬🇧

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.