HELP!!!!!! Bad reaction to erythromycin? / anxiety

Posted , 8 users are following.

so i had made a post yesterday about my phobia of pills. ill start by saying i have stomach issues. and i have NOT eaten anything but toast today. i took the erythromycin at about 2:40 ... half an hour later i was running to the bathroom due to SUPER SUPER watery diarrhea.. 10 minutes after taking the pill i could taste it. still can. i drank a glass of water with the pill. im still sipping on water and am actually taking little bites of plain toast. im unsure if im having this side effect because i havent eaten today or if its because im having a bad reaction to the med. should i make sure i eat well and take it or should i go to hospital or to the doctor asap?

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi stephanie20

Can i ask why you are taking Erythromycin?..i did not see your previous post....

• Posted

Hi stephanie20

I had strep throat a couple of years ago and found it hard to swallow ab's doctor gave me a spray to deaden my throat which worked well. I did eat when taking ab's as i knew they would make me nauseous, but it worked out ok for me the strep throat went and i was ok. Try and stop being anxious and do as the Info Leaflet says, ' eat' if not eating whilst taking ab's has adverse effects on you i.e. diahorrea......all you can do is try it!!👍

• Posted

Try eating more so you don't take the pills on any empty stomach; these pills are strong. If you can't eat, try milk which is much better for settling your stomach than just plain water. Water helps with hydration after diarrhoea but it doesn't in my experience calm your stomach. Take imodium for the diarrhoea and check your medication leaflet. It sounds like a bad reaction to the medication. Often, antibiotics can cause diarrhoea, nausea and or vomiting. Tell your doctor and ask for a different antibiotic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.