Help - Band or Bypass??!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ok, some of you lovely people have helped me over the last few weeks regarding band surgery! I had my mind made up for the band until I spoke to someone who had bypass surgery! I am still pencilled in for the 7th March in Glasgow for the band, however, after listening to a friend of a friend - she's told me to go for bypass!

I've done a bit of research - the bypass in Scotland is 11K which is a bit scary! I've found a Dr Chris Debruyenion Belguim (but comes to Glasgow every month) that does both types of surgery (band at approx £3K and bypass at approx £5K).

Have any of you had either surgery? Have you had the surgery abroad?  I really need some help!!!! I know that i am going defo going to go for one of them - I need some of your experience to help me!!!

Indy xx

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Not got a date for surgery yet ,have to get through the next 4weeks then go back. x
  • Posted

I had the bypass on the 5th of February so far so good
    • Posted

Hey Debbie. Did you have the bypass or the mini bypass? How much pain were you in post-op? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.