Help! Dr Says it's Not Peri

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi Ladies

So today I went to see a new gyno (female) and told her my symptoms below. She said since my fsh is only 7 that I wasn't in peri yet. This is my 4th gyno.

The first one put me on birth control and after 6 months or so my pms symptoms came back tenfold. For various reasons she wasn't the right fit.

The second and third gyno were not very supportive. They rushed in and basically wanted to give me the BC pill before rushing back out. They also said I wasn't perimenopausal because I was still having periods monthly plus because my symptoms were with me all month and not just around my period time.

When I kept telling the second gyno my symptoms, out of frustration and lack of time (only spent 10 min. At appointment) he wrote out prescription for HRT. Then he rushed out the door. When I got home and looked at the prescription it was for the highest dose. When I emailed him, he didn't even remember. And when I asked how I should take them, he said it was up to me since it was experimental. I don't want to start HRT without a good supportive caring doctor so hence the fourth gyno.

The fourth one seems supportive and she wants to check my fsh and hormone levels this next period on day 3. None of the other ones did any testing except fsh. So she seems more thorough. But she is saying BC pill rather than HRT.

After being on this board and having so many identical peri symptoms I'm sure that I'm peri. I'm 47. I feel so confused. Do I keep looking for a new gyno? Do I just experiment and try HRT on my own?

Any suggestions, thoughts would be appreciated.

Some of the symptoms I have:

Feeling generally horrible

Depression

Anxiety

Irritable

Off balance feeling

Fatigue

Doom and gloom feeling

Brain fog

Waking up middle of night warm all over

Forgetful, can't concentrate/focus

Wobbly legs

Nausea

Heart palpitations

Cramping

Nauseous

Overwhelmed with the littlest of things

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.