Help feeling suicidal off mirtazapine withdrawl

Posted , 13 users are following.

I've gone cold turkey and I can not bare these side effects anymore I wouldn't do anything stupid though

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

HI, sorry you’re suffering so much, you asked for help and I know how you feel.

Do not despair, it will pass, fear is the enemy in the Mirtazapine withdraw, Mirtazapine is a very powerful neurotransmitter for  GABA , sortation even at low doses, jumping off will play havoc on your brain, try and calm yourself down, do things to try and take your mind to another level, I jumped off at 7.5 and am at 100 days off  my last dose now and it has gotten better day by day,  and it will get better  for you but not fast very slowly, look deep inside yourself for strength and courage to continue on, It does not happen overnight the mental and physical surfing will pass, you may not even notice it but it will get better for you, each day it will get better. Are you on any other drugs or alcohol? These things play into the whole WD process, that way you’re not second guessing you’re self.

God bless you

So far you’ve survived 100% of your worst days. You’re doing great. Keep doing it. If you feel you need to take some MIRT to stabilize yourself, do not be ashamed, but do not go back to a higher dose, this prolongs the WD process, and I did it myself several times

• Posted

Hi

Great advice

What dose did you taper from. Im on 45mg and plan to try and drop to 37.5mg.

• Posted

Hi,

I was at 15mg when I started to taper, I was not able to taper below 7.5, So I stopped, I did this several times, I would reinstate for a short time and try again.  It is not easy to get off but it can be done.

Good luck

• Posted

I have been down at 3.75 from 7.5 for some weeks now.  I know you said this would be hard, how did you fare at next stage and any hints ?
    • Posted

Can you help me switch man I'm so freaking out I feel so detached from my body and it makes me more panicky! My hands dont look like they are mine and feel like im not in my body!!!

• Posted

Hi,

You seem to do well tapering down, Keep tapering as low as you can before stopping, Do not rush your self, know that in your mind you will soon be off the MIRT.

God bless you.

You have endured much suffering and so far you have survived. I have read your post.  If I were you I would keep tapering.

• Posted

HI,

Yes,  I have felt this way also, It is part of the depersonalize out of body feeling, you get when stopping antidepressants WD’s. it also happens to long term Alcoholics during WD's.  I have even been in meetings at work and feeling this way, I thought I was losing my mind. All I wanted to do was cruel up into a little ball inside my bedroom closet.  This feeling will pass be assured, what helped me was, breathing and meditation, any type or exercise, walking running, Gym, get outside walk. Also listen to audio books, at this point you really have to dig deeper then you have gone.  Your mind is just another part of your body, right now you have to understand that your mind is now doing things that you can no longer control and it is trying to correct it self, and it will.  I often would just say to myself OK, right , I’m just having another bad trip and soon it will be over.

• Posted

I am continuing as you said.  One question I have is that I feel rather depressed, no more really than I have throughout this med which didnt do anything for depression for me.  Will this low feeling go once i am clear do you think?  I am wondering if it could be the daily diazepam making me low.   Will tackle that next.
    • Posted

Hi,

If depression is all you are feeling then, then you are golden to keep tapering, understanding what all you have been through, you are going to be depressed that’s a given, the diazepam is for anxiety. Remember Mirtizpine withdraw induces fear low serotonin.   Know it is the WD of the drug, causing you to have fear and you will  not want to go out and enjoy yourself. You will have to force yourself to go out and enjoy what you like to do, and when you do this your start to concur the fear and the depression will lift. Find someone that understands what you are going through and go out to the park, for walk, to the movie. Do not stay locked up in the house. The depression just gets worst. Try to engage with other people,  this will produce endorphins and lift the depression, even if it is for a little while.

Good luck ANN

• Posted

Yes, i understand this withdrawal,is bad,but i dont know why i have nausea each morning,,its been with me all,the way through.  Then I can sometimes eat at5pm.  I am wondering if I have something else going on but gp says its anxiety/depr.  I had gallbladder out two years ago and that seems to have made it worse.  Still managed to gain nearly two stones on mirtaz by eating chocolate and sweet goods.

i just dont know how i can chase this depression, it will not leave no matter how hard i try to keep going, get out, just feel terrible.  Now insomnia has started since the lowering.  That just makes it all worse.

i will see consult in ten days, i dont know where to go from here.  All the drugs have made me feel awful and i dont know what hes got left to offer, probably neither does he.  A spell without any maybe, but i cannot live being this down, watching my friends go about their business normally kills me.

• Posted

Hi ANN,

Do not let the doctors pump you full of medications, try and get off them ASAP.  Your body needs to clean out. CBT work for a lot of people, you’re better off learning to deal with you issues, in time they will pass, If you do not have an appetite, eat small meals, drink protean drinks, high calorie drinks’, take vitamin supplements, you will not feel normal and yes you are going to keep asking yourself, why are my friends  going out having a good time and not me. Know that this will pass, and try not to worry about tomorrow because tomorrow will worry about itself. Millions of people around the word have Insomnia, not just you, people live with insomnia, change you feeling and mind about sleep a book called say good night to insomnia changes the way you think about sleep, you do not need 8 hours sleep to get by. I hope this help Ann?

• Posted

thanks for a very uplifting reply.  Of course you are right in everything you say.  I am trying to get right off the meds and have said i dont want any more.  I am having tummy troubles, so small doses of rice krispies, plenty of water must now.  I am unable to have a lot of the supplements as i take warfarin and they dont mix.  Hope to be totally off anti deps after xmas.  Then i have to tackle the diazepam by slowly titrating.  Hoping my anxiety will stand that.

your support did help, thank you

• Posted

Hi Pamela,

Firstly, you shld never hve just stopped taking mirtz. They are v strong meds, need to restart them at the dose you were at and come off them very, very slowly. I was on 20mg for under a year. I just tapered off the slowly and i had no withdrawal effects. Good luck. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.