Help feeling suicidal off mirtazapine withdrawl

Posted , 13 users are following.

I've gone cold turkey and I can not bare these side effects anymore I wouldn't do anything stupid though

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Pam please let me just tell you for first that you are not alone, many of us including me have come off cold turkey and completely without any reductions/tapper and it is the worst, I did it in march of this year and I'm still feeling depersonalized i did go back on it though and if you still have a chance to reinstate please do so and then do a tapper because if you don't you will have a really hard time, but there's hope even though I struggle a lot there has been good days which means that if you do the tapper you will be fine, we are all different and we will have different results but trying is how we succeed so do whatever it takes so you can feel like yourself again but hang in there friend we are here to help you!!! Stay strong!💜💜💜💜💜

• Posted

Thank you so much for all the great posts!!! 😊😊😊 I don't drink or do drugs switch man I take citalopram as well. I had a 7.5mg last night and it has made no difference 😯

• Posted

It may take a week to stabilize on the MIRT, even on the low dose,   by stopping the MIRT you have caused your serotonin levels to destabilize, you will  have to wean off the MIRT,  the   citalopram also acts on the serotonin, At this point because you are taking two different types of  antidepressants drugs, it is not save to mess around with going CT, If it was me I would start tapering off the MIRT very slowly, 10% even 5% if you are really sensitive and need to, do not be inpatient these drugs will drop you to your knees when you do CT. 
  • Posted

Hi Pamela, just wondering how you're doing now?, I was on these awful pills and they made me suicidal😔 Managed to eventually get off them, but the wd was awful!.xx

• Posted

Hi there I eventually went back on them after 6 days of cold turkey, I thought they were giving me anxiety and panic attacks but it was actually the citalopram I had been taking for 7 years it had stopped working. Anyways I am a lot better but I still don't feel like my normal self after stopping them cold turkey! Anyways, I'm gonna get Christmas out the way and taper of them slowly, I'm only on 7.5mg, can't believe what a horrible drug it is to get off, well done for getting off your mirtazapine how long did the withdrawals for? The only thing good about mirtazipine is it helps me sleep, I didn't really have a problem with sleep before but I know these cause insomnia when getting off them!

• Posted

I agree.  Can you say how you managed to get off these, what level did you go down to before finishing? I am lowering mine slowly and have had migraine, now gone, then got nausea on waking every day, ibs d last two weeks and increased anxiety and depressed.  I am assuming this all goes hand in hand.  The nightmares have stopped thank god and the suicidal ideation too.   Do you think the abdominal symptoms are all part of it?  I am afraid gp will send me for endoscopy or colonoscopy which will massively increase my anxiety.  Trying to ride the storm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.