Help, getting really down about Molluscum

Posted , 25 users are following.

I picked up Molluscum from a spa day back in March this year. I had the usual story of doctors telling me its fine and not to worry about it.

I then lost out on a relationship because of it in the summer and also started war on them.

I have had 3 freezing sessions at the clinic and new ones keep popping up or old ones coming back so I then brought a home kit as they wont let me back until three weeks have passed.

I am also using TTO which has helped shrink but never get rid of them.

I get really really down and upset about this virus as its been 5/6 months and new spots tend to appear over night. I have got to the point I don't know what is a little spot / blemish or what is a wart now and feel like I am treating anything.

Can anyone tell me how long they had this for? and also what do they look like when you are winning? Did they just stop appearing or did they appear then disappear quickly or all suddenly just start healing.

I just want a sign that my body is fighting it. I dont drink much, dont smoke, taking vitamins, work out etc.

2 likes, 151 replies

151 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

When I had it, it felt like the world was ending but, once it ended, it quickly faded from mind. It took me 6 or so months and the first few months were a disaster (dozens and dozens of lesions) - turns out my body does NOT like MC.

Key things I learned:

• Do nothing to spread it yourself - don't make the problem worse.
    • Drink LOTS of water - I was at 64 - 128 ounces per day. Keeping hydrated is a good way to keep your skin healthy.
    • Do not drink alcohol or do anything to impair your immune system.
    • Sleep well.
    • Eat insanely healthy.
    • Take vitamins.
    • Go to the doctor to get the spots frozen off (you can do it at home as well but liquid nitrogen works better).
    • Get good at identifying which spots are MC and which are folliculitis - I am very pale and had never realized how many red bumps that I had had before MC. This really was key for me because, at some point, everything could have been MC. For me, I would actually feel a tingling in an area before a lesion would appear.
    • Some studies have shown that over the counter Cimitidine has anti-viral effects (it seemed to work for me)
    • Posted

I knew that I was winning the war because the number of new lesions per day or per week was dropping ... and eventually it became 1 a month ... and then I went 3 months without anything.

• Posted

Hi Gemma,

How's going? This forum was my solution for treating MC. If you listened to Dr. then it would take months and worst case years. I listened to my Dr. that it MC would eventually go away on it on. In my case, I had two bumps on my genital area. Froze them couple times and it didn't work. I also passed to my girlfriend. I could live with that. I couldn't eat and sleep. I couldn't focus at work. I lost a lot of weights because of the stress. after so many sleepless nights and researches. I'd decided to try ACV. If you want to see the resolve in couple days then try ACV. I didn't use duct tape because it irritated skin. I used 3M medical tape. it worked well. Also, MC is very contagious. Do not use the same towel to clean MC area. I used paper towel and then threw up away. Do not shave, trim it with scissor. Let me know if you want to know how i got rid of MC.

• Posted

Hi well I think im on the home straight as they are few and far between. I spotted one today that is definitely one and froze it.

Its draining when you think you are fine again and one pops up. Emotions go up and down like a yoyo.

Can i ask how long was it from contact with your girlfriend to when hers came out?

I can handle them now every now and then on myself but would feel awful if the person im seeing gets them. Thats what stresses me the most as i really like him.

• Posted

it was 2 weeks. I felt like i couldn't live with myself. So i used ACV to treat hers. She only had two lesions and they were easily treated.

• Posted

Hey, I've just jumped on because when i discovered my son had MC i, like everyone else i assume hit up google to research & tried many options. I read somewhere how a lady's grandchildren were treated with salts & it was the one that has worked for us! we used either epsom salts or magnesium flakes (whatever we could get at the time) we have been making a shallow bath just enough to cover him & about 3-4 cups of flakes/salts, he stays in for at least 20mins a day then just pats dry without rinsing & using smaller hand towels for different areas. I think its been roughly 2 weeks & they are clear but we are still doing it a little longer to be on the safe side. We have gone through lots of flakes but i feel it was well worth it as its easily available from supermarkets & pharmacies & natural as he suffers from eczema. Hopefully it helps someone else x

I wish id taken a before and after photos of behind the knee which was his most affected area, still has scaring but the improvement was amazing!

• Posted

Thanks for sharing what has worked for you and great it has for you son. Hopefully it will help others too.

• Posted

its incredibly frustrating - you sleep take your vitamins eat well freeze them / destroy the molluscom as soon as you see them and then they still come back

the psychilogical affect of this illness is brutal

• Posted

It certainly does and the doctors just look at you like your being over the top.

I think we can all relate and also we all experienced it getting bad just before it suddenly started to go.

Keep your chin up.

Also make sure your certain they are. I was convinced I had one again and left it a few days and the bump went. Either that or my body recognises it now.

• Posted

hey mate,

keep your head up and keep doing the various things to help your immune system! it is hard but remember that once your body recognises it and your immune system kicks into place, youll win! so head up and keep positive as hard as it is!

lots of love my man!

• Posted

thanks anjo

it just is so demoralising ive scarred myself with all the treatments - to accelerate recovery but the new bumps however small keep coming

how comes some people recover after a single round of freezing and other people keep getting more and more bumps and its like playing wackamole

why can no doctor seem to say what will kick start the immune system into gear..they say after freezing them its recognized something is there that shouldnt be and you should get better..

this forum has been a real help for me - thank you for all the support and love and im sending it right back at all of you - may you all beat this awful virus asap and never have another bump again and may all your scars heal

• Posted

amazing if your body is fighting it gemma

the bumps are tiny barely visible i think i catch them early but defo molluscom

• Posted

I do have one problem. There was one I thought may have been molluscum a few weeks ago and so used the home freeze kit.

Since then I now have quite a large circular lump, which is soft and I have no idea if this is a reaction to the freeze and will go down. If I should be worried or perhaps as it was as its on a more sensitive area.

Has anyone else had this?

I am getting really fed up.

• Posted

gemma relax i think its probably because the molluscom you freeze is smaller than the head piece of the wart freeze you are using to freeze it - you end up burning a larger area which can end up being a blistered lump - it should just end up as a scab and come away most likely leaving a pinkish bit of skin that will heal over time. if in doubt see a dr.

ultimately this disease is harmless if that is any consolation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.