Help, How too get through Panic and Anxiety Symptoms

Posted , 15 users are following.

My panic and anxiety is through the roof the symptoms are horrible!!!! Please help how the heck do you contiune to deal with these without meds. I take nothing and trying to work through this but its been horrible for 4 weeks straight all through the day at least MOST of it! Plus all the other crazy scary meno symptoms! I dont have support or friend can I private my cell phone number to anyone that can be of support or dealing with same things. I'm alone except for my autistic son and special needs daughter! 

2 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i'm sorry, you have enough to deal with besides this crazy hormones!

i don't take anything also, i use to have  so bad panic attacts i will get up in the middle of the night and drive myself to the emergency room!!! 

it's been a year stop going to the dr's every couple weeks, tired of all the tests and doctors, over and over!

i feel better these days, still not good as 6 years ago but i'm getting used to all this crazines i guess!

i stopped caffeine and sugar and what a difference, i could feel my body relaxingsmile

God bless you, i don't know how you do it with two children that they need your attention all the time and to deal with this hell  on top of it! you are amazing.

my blood pressure was up for a while. i start walking every day and the it gone down since. i'm like you i hate taking madeications. i do take Vitamin D for about a year now and started on Magnesium, they work!

Feel Better!

xxxx

• Posted

Hi darl Im going through the same. Dealing with health anxiety for nearly a year as well as menapause. On no meds for anxiety but on hrt patches for menapause. It's a nightmare darl. But there is light at the end of all this. Coming on here and talking helps me a lot and deep breathing exacisey x

• Posted

It sure does. I've been coming on now about 4 monthes and it sure does help knowing your not alone x

• Posted

I didn't have to take anything until I was four years post menopausal. I can't take HRT because I have fibroids. I was really going nuts and didn't feel like myself, always having these doom and gloom thoughts. My doctor put me on trazodone 100mg daily at bedtime. Trazodone is an old school antidepressant, with very few side effects. I also take Valium for the occasional anxiety attack. I'm a heavyweight when it comes to meds so this combination isn't for everyone, some say they couldn't function with this combination. I've had to take the Valium less lately, only about twice a week and I've been breaking them in half.  You have to find out what works for you. It's hit and miss, but eventually you'll work through it. In the meantime you have us!!!!

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your having such a bad time. I used to get panic attacks and be really anxious but now do breathing exercises, yoga and guided meditations and find them really helpful. There are loads of free ones on you tube or you can buy ones. Try and find some time in the day just for yourself to do something relaxing. Your body is going through a lot of changes so you really need some 'me time' right now. I can't take HRT so am just trying the natural approach. A recent thing I've found helpful is raw cacao powder which is a good source of magnesium and also relaxes you and boosts your energy. Be kind to yourself - you deserve it! 

• Posted

Hi, I am so sorry to hear what you have been going through. It is not nice when there are no friends and family to give you any support. It is hard. Plus you have to give support to your children. Please go to your GP and get support. If you need help they need to give it to you. I know it is a big challenge to get what you want from GPS but please trt. All the best - take care
  • Posted

Bach's rescue remedy works like a charm for me.  I have had anxiety all my life pretty much...(PTSD I think from having high stress levels for too many years raising a special needs child.  

Cut down sugar, and seriously try the Bach's rescue remedy before you try meds...it can be found at any health food store and can be used for pets and kids as well.  No side effects at all...and takes away a panic or anxiety attack completely in minutes.

• Posted

Yes I use the rescue remedy gum or pastilles when I feel the anxiety.
    • Posted

Does the rescue remedy help, as I have some but never tried it x
    • Posted

Karen, yes I believe it does. I use it before a stressful situation and I feel calmer and more able to cope. Like family weddings and social occasions where I'd rather not be! I have some drops and pastilles but like using the chewing gum.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I have the drops might give them ago tonight. It's when I go to bed my anxiety is at its worst xx

• Posted

Dear crosado

I feel for you, I had awful anxiety and random panic attacks out of the blue (it doesn't help that I have a sort of anxiety disorder with open spaces) but it got a whole lot worse in peri. Lack of sleep, alcohol and caffeine would heighten my anxiety, also I think I was lacking magnesium as I was getting bad eye twitches and painful muscles. I started taking multi vit for over fifties and after a week or so my anxiety calmed down, I still get the odd moment as I have already like I said a bit of panic disorder. I wasnt sure if the tablets would work for me but they seemed to have helped. I still have caffeine but not as much but I feel even with a little bit it stirs everything up! X

• Posted

Hi Crosado. Read up on passionflower, a herbal remedy for mild anxiety and stress.  It may help you. It helps me sleep too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.