Help!! I am having feelings of depression and paranoia.

Posted , 27 users are following.

I am in my second year of menopause, I am driving my husband crazy with my self doubts and

not trusting him. I can't seem to get out of this place!!

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Where do I start with my paranoid thoughts the feeling of not being wanted . My husband lost his dad 6 months ago so he has changed. Not loving snappy but i do understand that but its my own thoughts of him cheating i find my self working out how long it should take him to go somewhere, wondering what he is doing on his phone, he has taken up running so i get paranoid who is he running with but its so real he is working on a flat to rent out so he goes after work but i find myself asking questions, he is getting sick of it i know but the feelings are ruining everything my gp is awful,
    • Posted

The paranoia can destroy a relationship. I've only been with my boyfriend 18 months and been going through Peri for most of it. I found out after moving so we could be together he has quite an incredible past and none of it good. The BHRT has helped me think straight but I still have times when I suspect him of all sorts of crazy stuff so I found myself a councilor so I could just sit and talk when the thoughts got too much. It has really helped me. My counselor is wonderful and I can tell him everything without being judged.

• Posted

have you been to your docs and had the blood test to tell you if or how far you are in the menopause cycle, it will help you know if u need HRT or similar , your not alone with these paranoid thoughts , menopause messes with your biological chemistry , just like a period or having a baby. Sounds like your hubby is struggling right now aswell , the loss of his father , sad and painful. These best way through this is communication, get him to tell you his feelings about what he is going through then open up about yours ? Maybe let him read this thread ? It helped my husband understand a lot more . I hope this helped a little, I really hope you start to feel a bit better soon , first stop, your docs , good luck xxx
  • Posted

I have been going through meopause for 3 years and I thought I was managing my symptoms with excersise and evening primrose and no HRT. However this year has been hell my Mother has been ill I have lost confidence in myself and constantly accuse my man of 18years of cheating on me because he speaks to females from work on facebook. I love him and my family very much and I argue with one of them each day. I do not recognise myself .
  • Posted

Me too, my poor husband, I know my feelings are wrong but I can't seem to control it..... I take prromensil double strength this helps a lot a herbal tablet for Menopause .......try it see if it helps u........

Karen

• Posted

Hi been on hrt for the last month due to my really bad mood swings ,im 48 now and they were the only signs of the menopause i was goin through ,im on elleste duet 1mg ,but the last week ive been having paranoid thoughts ,thinking everytime my husband hoes out hes seeing some woman behind my back ,thinking he doesnt care about me anymore then that causes arguments every day ,i know im having these thoughts but i cant stop them ,last night was the worse as i had a suicide thought to just stop these thoughts once and for all but the thought of my little boy of 3yrs stopped me .reading this forum now i dnt feel so mad as i thought it was only me feeling as bad as i do goin through this .ive made an appointment to see my doc and will talk to her

• Posted

Hi mandy08432

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hi Mandy, my worst symptom through peri menopause was also extreme mood swings and dark obsessive thoughts. Mine would swing from severe frustration to anger then uncontrollable crying. Plus obsessive thoughts always very dark and usually about my partner and it would literally make me crazy. I realized quickly it was hormones as I was having some other symptoms too but it was the moods that were unbearable. I started bio identical hormones about 8 months ago and it wasn't an instant fix. It had to be adjusted 3 times but I'm finally feeling good and balanced. I found out I have extremely high estrogen which my body can't handle. My doctor has monitored me very closely with regular blood work plus my symptoms to work out what to give me. I still take it one day at a time as hormones can do strange things but I think I'm over the worst.

Sounds as though you may need some adjusting before your hrt is right. Hang in there as it can be a slow process. But definately worth it.

• Posted

Thankyou Azzumi i never thought the menopause was like this just hot flushes and on off periods ,im so hoping my doc can help me when i see her this thurs ,i dont want to drive my husband away .let u know how i get on .thanks again 😊

• Posted

I'm just starting with the paranoid feelings and feelings of dume. I feel like I'm seeing things. If my husband goes to the store I'm affraid I'm going to get a bad news call. I just got a new office and when I close my eyes I see people robbing the place so I just want to stay awake. It's so annoying as I've always been a positive person. I pray a lot but lately that doesn't seem like it's helping. I'm so not enjoying what should be the best years right now. A over the counter Supplement worked for a little while but now just makes it worst. I heard that a magnesium and zinc deficiency may make it worst. Has anyone heard this? I will try anything. I exercise daily which is helping slowly with the unexpected weight gain and joint pain. Not as much pain if I stretch with weights.

• Posted

Olie, you are not alone.  The anxiety and depression are horrible.  I am paranoid about so many things that I don't know how I get through some days.  I feel like I'm just going through the motions most of the time, which isn't a stretch since my manager doesn't like me, anyway.  My gyn is no help and now I've become paranoid about her (long story) and am going to have to find a doctor who is a better listener or can at least reassure me a little.  I tried magnesium for a while last year.  Now, I don't take any supplements because my vitamin B and D levels are messed up and my gyn has me paranoid about that, too, and told me to stop taking any vitamins.  Lately, I've improved my diet, started riding my exercise bike daily, and am getting more sleep, so I feel better about making those efforts, but paranoia is always in charge.  Using light weights helps with the weight gain and joint pain, too, as you mentioned.  Hope you keep posting here as you'll find lots of support!  Take care.

• Posted

I just read through all of your comments and got sad when there were no more to read lol it is comforting to know I am not the only one going through this horrible time. I got my blood checked and my doc said everything came back normal??? I thought for sure my hormones would be out of whack becuz I am having ALL of these symptoms - anxiety, depression, paranoia, moodiness, feeling of going insane, losing my mind, forgetful, fuzzy head, can’t concentrate, can’t make decisions etc. Anyways he said he didn’t want to put me on HRT becuz they were balanced already and I just wondered if anyone else had this happen. Or if anyone knows of an over the counter supplement that helps with the symptoms? 
    • Posted

i eat healthy all organic fruit and veg and juices doctor is shocked i am very underweight as menopause meant to put weight on oh paranoia sucks pyschatrist is seeing me soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.