HELP! I can't feel my body!

Posted , 44 users are following.

This is the most bizarre symptom yet. I can not feel my body. Like my insides are numb. I can't feel my heart beat, my arms and legs feel like they aren't there but they are. When I touch my body I can feel it, but when I am not touching or pinching myself it's like my body is numb. I feel spaced out as well, like something isn't right. Last night I think I had a panic attack, I has a few palpitations, but I didn't feel like I was in control of my breathing or anything, I just laid there scared and numb. I know I've been stressed for a long time and been very inactive but this seems so odd and can't believe this is all just anxiety.

5 likes, 79 replies

79 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi. Please try to hang on. Anxiety and panic cause so many weird symptoms. I once had this psssh feeling of tingling in my back near my shoulder blade. It would come all day long like a butst of sensation. It is very unsettling what anxiety can do. If you don’t have any anxiety medicine, you may want to see your doctor and try to get something. It might help. There are other natural options you can try too. Check the web and see what you think will work for you. Posting here is a good start. You are not alone (although I know it feels like you are). I am struggling with anxiety, depression, and more. It helps to keep in touch with others who “get” a and won’t just tell you it’s in your head and write you off. Whatever you are feeling is real to you no matter what the cause. Please feel free to message me privately if you want to talk. I am wishing you healing and peace. 

Deb nyc 

• Posted

I have the same problem, i got heavy depression since a child, i went to doctor to check up everything but nothing seems wrong. I dont know what to do !!!
  • Edited

Omg did u find out what this is . i get exact thing its worse in the mornings and late at night. I can't sleep my body feels like it disappears other times just my limbs like they numb but i can feel every sansation they not numb help me help

I wake up at night with lightness in my body funny burning/tingling in my scalp i feel like im dying please some one wbat is this

• Posted

I know. I got it last night it’s so weird. It’s like I’m moving but then I go numb and this vibrating feeling washes over my body and then I move again and then I’m numb and that sensation comes over me.  How long you been having this? 
    • Posted

Im so sorry yes its from a state of mind fatigue menatal and physical

Its harmless you are stressed

Anxiety its harmless u need to rest well and eat well and it will go after two weeks of that smile

• Posted

lm completely numb I cant feel pain they told me severe depression and a doctor told me see felt the same why before and she come out of it so that gave me a little hope.

• Posted

yes i relate to this! it could very likely be an episode of depersonalization, could be induced by stress or anxiety! i reccommend watching videos on youtube to see if it correlates with your symptoms!

• Posted

this is happening to me now! my body feels so light every day ,my limbs specially my arms are numb where i cant feel them i know they are there but i cant feel unless i touch them even my whole body feels numb .. its draining i feel spaced out and when i stand up my body feels light even when i lay down .. did you recover ?

• Edited

I've been having similar symptoms to those that you explained. I've been more stressed recently and have noticed that my body feels numb and my movements don't feel real. I know this post was over a year ago but I'm wondering what you did and what conclusion you came to.

• Posted

I had the same symptoms. It is all because of stress. When I learned to calm myself down, it all disappeared. I know that it seems weird and maybe you won't believe me. I couldn't believe either. But trust me, this is just how your body reacts to anxiety and stress. Just calm yourself down. Nothing is wrong.

• Edited

Its fear and stress . I was experiencing the same what I found is my arms would be weightless floaty and my legs . Once I calmed down I noticed because of winter my under tights were pushed up making me feel that way i pulled them down in your case try see or notice if your nose unlocks and you not noticing it making you feel that way anxiety plays tricks on your mind once you find the trick it will stop I had that whole body numbness not real . I get the movements not real I have to say to my self dont be ridiculous you moved this way your whole life . That seemed to stop it you have to think rational . Trust me its super scary not dangerous

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.