Help! I have the urge to pee constantly

Posted , 12 users are following.

I joined this forum hoping to get some input. I am 52,have BPI my prostate is 60 g. I am currently on Uroxatol. The past couple of weeks have been awful. Normally I go a lot but this is unbearable. The urge is constant even immediately after I go. Granted, I pee lot as it is but this is excessive and it's always burning and feels urgent. I'm wondering if I have A UTI? I have no idea. I have an appointment with my urologist on February 28 & tried to move it up today they said they can't get me in earlier. sad

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Urgent care or drop of a sample at your uro's office in  sterile container. The doc can prescribe over the phone. Don't wait.

Jim

• Posted

As you know your prostate size and have been prescribed Uroxatral (alfuzosin) and you have had consultations with a urologist. Uroxatral (alfuzosin) will only help your flow and do nothing to reduce your prostate size. Most Uro's would also have prescribed Finasteride/Avodart as well. Some on this forum will say that self catheterisation should be your next step but that will not stop your prostate from continuing to grow.

As Forums like this tend to attract those who do not want surgery for various reasons or those who have had failed procedures you will get a lot of conflicting advice.

In theory you Uro should recommend the best treatment for you as he knows your situation but  many will only tell you of the procedures that they do.

I have had two laser procedures GL PVP when my prostate was 75grms in 2004. As they usually regrow in my case to 135 grms by 2013 and then Thulium/Holmium. For me each of those procedures worked with rapid recovery.  

• Posted

PS. I forgot to add that this at the moment sounds like an UTI or prostatitis.
    • Posted

Thanks for your input along with the others here. He mentioned TURP which scares me. Good to hear you had other procedures that workef for you must also say self catheterisation sounds daunting 🤤

• Posted

It is possible that it is a UTI   Have you had a Catheter or have you done CIC lately.  Or it may be prostatitis.  Maybe you need a different BPH pill.  But the burning and urgent sounds more like a UTI infection.  Good luck  Ken  
    • Posted

No I've not had a catheter, and I'll have to Google CIC 😃Thanks Ken

• Posted

Sam I had to ask.  That is what most UTI are caused by.  But it can from anything.  Like the other guy's are telling call the doctor or go to a hospital.  You don't want to wait to long it can get worst.  In 2014 I had 6 UTI's and did not go to the hospital.  I was not one to rush I will take care of my self.  I ended up with sepsis and almost die.  Please take care of it soon..  God bless  Ken

• Posted

Ken Thanks, You have through a lot. I'm going to take care of it tomorrow, God bless you too

• Posted

Thank is good.  Get it done.  I ended up seeing a urologist after my hospital stay.  They could not catheter me.  After seeing the urologist and doing some test he found out I had a stricture just before the prostate.  The stricture was sending the urine BACK INTO THE BLADDER THAT WAS WHY I WAS GETTING SO MANY INFECTION ( It was from kidney stone surgery 10 years before )  Please take care of your self  your only 52 you still have a lot of living to do  Be well Please  Ken
    • Posted

Hi Ken,

How did you get the stricture sorted ? Did you have surgery ?

Thanks

Darren 

• Posted

Good evening DC.  Have not had anything done yet we keep checking it.  So far it is good.  I can't have anymore then a 12 or a 14 Fr Coude catheter if I have to have a catheter.  But 2 years ago I have to have a urolift repair.  One of the clip got loose.  Had it done no problem.  He put in a 18 fr which open it up and he said that he did it for a reason.  A week later after going on my blood thinner to early I went into retention and was peeing blood and then was having bladder spasms.  There was blood all over even after they flushed me out.  I had to have emergency surgery.  But I got the surgery mad he was not mine and I would not let him touch me until he sign a letter that my prostate was not to be cut or removed for any reason.  It toke him 30 minutes to agree and sign the paper. It turned out to be 3 blood clogs on my prostate.  He burned them. I knew he was mad at me I had to have a 24 hour flush.  He put in a 26 fr 3 way catheter in.  Boy when it came out it really hurt but my doctor said that it help the stricture.  being he put the 18 fr the week before I was open enough for the other doctor to get the bigger catheter in Right now it is still open. So for now no procedure.  But I will tell you that if I have to have anything done I will only do the dilation.  I would never have the surgery.  To much problems and side effects.  Take care sorry so long  Ken     .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.