Help! I have the urge to pee constantly

Posted , 12 users are following.

I joined this forum hoping to get some input. I am 52,have BPI my prostate is 60 g. I am currently on Uroxatol. The past couple of weeks have been awful. Normally I go a lot but this is unbearable. The urge is constant even immediately after I go. Granted, I pee lot as it is but this is excessive and it's always burning and feels urgent. I'm wondering if I have A UTI? I have no idea. I have an appointment with my urologist on February 28 & tried to move it up today they said they can't get me in earlier. sad

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Samuel,

You have all the symptoms of a UTI. I just had the very same thing after a cyctoscopy. Get in touch with your doctor and have him order a urine analysis from your lab and have him also order a prescription for Cipro, or similar antibiotic. If the urine culture test shows infection then the Cipro will start to clear it up literally in hours. 

Last week I had to pee every 15 minutes and it felt like I was passing hot sauce. I am much better now - still on the Cipro for a few more days. 

I am not a doctor but you can't go on like this for the next two weeks....

Tom

• Posted

I had similar issues. I would consider warm baths, aspirin, no alcohol or spicy food. 

Hope this helps.

• Posted

I was fortunate to find the right urologist this time.

After four separate procedures by four separate uros not finishing what they started, 13 years of chronic hematuria/urine retention I feel the right TURP has been done this time.

Photos were taken before n after, with before no evidence of any procedure completed.

Anyone in FL needing a competent, no BS, caring uro Board Certified, I'll gladly provide his info.

• Posted

I can't see any man being thank full for a TURP  Ken 

• Posted

Don't you have your local generic doctor? No need to wait for urologist for this. GP in UK PCP in US (I think)? Any doctor should be able to diagnose and prescribe for a UTI, They'd also be able to arrange for your urine sample to be lab tested to identify the exact organism, as some bacteria have become resistant to some antibiotics.

I have Nitrofurantoin for e-Coli for my all-too-frequent UTIs.

• Posted

Are your frequent UTI's caused by retention due to BPH ? Once I had the laser surgery on my prostate my UTI's became a rarity and prostatitis hopefully has also gone forever.

• Posted

Yes. I'm being considered for surgery to help bladder emptying. Meanwhile I'm trying self catheterisation and am on prophylactic antibiotic.

• Posted

Is the prophylactic antibiotic to prevent any infection caused by the catheters? They are normally only used under special circumstances .
    • Posted

No - I'm very careful with the catheterisation. I have urine retention of usually about 150 ml and this is what probably causes the repeated infections if I don't have the prophylactice antibiotic.

• Posted

Drink water, loads of it, it will go.................possibly but not a long term solution just short!
  • Posted

Hi Samuel,

You've been given a lot of good advice but the only advice you have to act on IMMEDIATELY is to get a urine sample to either your urologist, GP, or an urgent care center and get tested for a UTI. Depending on the analysis, they may decide to start you on an antibiotic right away, even before the culture comes back. Please do that today because if it is a UTI you really don't want to delay action as it could potentially spread into your kidneys, etc. If it turns out not to be a UTI, then you can go from here, but find out today.

Jim

• Posted

Hi guys Just wanted to check it w/you all, I called my uro office Friday and asked @ getting cipro/lab test.  They scheduled me to go in tomorrow to see a P.A. since my uro appt isn't until 2/28 and he didn't have availability. So I'll go in tomorrow.  And then I was out of the area Friday for my job so I couldn't get a lab that was covered by my insurance, would've had to have done urgent care out of pocket... I continue to have the urgency, not constant.  Anyway, just wanted to update, appreciate everyone's input. 

• Posted

Hi Samuel,

You might want to ask Dr. about the side effects of Cipro., tendon issues, achilles tendon ruptures. 

I am active and a runner, cipro caused planters fasciitis in both feet, tendonitis in both shoulders. Took a year to revover.

• Posted

Hi samuel,

You might want to discuss the side effects of Cipro. The drug can cause tendonitis and achille's tendon rupture.

I am active and a runner, Cipro induced planters fasciitis in both feet. Later causing tendonitis in both shoulders, took almost a year to get back.

• Posted

Did it get better on its own or did you have some treatments. After nearly three years my lower left  leg is only little better, I get various diagnosis from neurologists including a form of CMT. The change of gait has now given me a back problem,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.