Help? Is this panic?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm not sure if this is panic, but the unknown is absolutely controlling my life.

My first diagnosed panic attack was a year ago heart palpitations, dizziness, shortness of breath, I thought I was having a heart attack. After it was diagnosed as a panic attack I didn’t have another one for a long time. Until I was in class and as I was talking to my professor I saw colorful spots in my right eye, I excused myself and because I could not see I began to freak out which cause a attack. I was rushed to the hospital and they diagnosed that as a migraine with an aura. But after that incident I would feel weird ever now and again and experience uncontrollable crying, shakes, dizziness, sometimes shortness of breath, but never how I felt when I experienced my 1st panic attack. Now I recently went to the neurologist and I am awaiting an MRI to rule out seizures but Dr. believes that I am experiencing panic. Lately I am worse than ever its a feeling I cant really explain its kind of like I’m a ghost of myself, like I’m going crazy. I feel like I can't focus, im fidgety and because I don’t know what's wrong I cry. I don't know if I have dizziness I just have to blink really hard every couple of minutes to like snap out of it (im not sure what im snaping out of) It's really horrible I'm scared to go out because I don’t want to faint. I don’t have attacks or anything I just experience this feeling all day! I don't know what to do! is anyone else experiencing this and if so what is it!???

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

you are not alone its deff anxiety ever since that first time you keep thinking about the anxiety attack and its causing this anxiety can do a lot of physical things to the body i am dealing with generalized anxiety and i have it allll day i feel dizzy i feel weak in my legs my head feels tight like a pressure shaky in the morning try to do deep breathing it really helps you to relax inhale from your nose 4 seconds hold it for 2 exhale from your mouth it really helps me its all anxiety its an evil thing it can do a lot your body just know your not alone and i hope you get better soon 
    • Posted

also you can be dealing with derealization/ depersonalization which is completely common in anxiety and its not harmful it goes away 
    • Posted

Thank you for this info I was struggling with not knowing what it could be this was very helpful. I didnt know that you could just have this feeling all day I thought anxiety just came in attacks.
    • Posted

your welcome of course all hear to help one another and for some people it comes and goes but for other have it all day which is generalized anxiety could be tramua tht happened in your past or runs in the family anything its evil but you can do it and you will get through this 
  • Posted

your not alone i get like that  once awile its very scary feeling like your dying or gonna die i dont feel like myself sometimes i feel very weak in my legs and arms....and dizzy weard headachs and body achs too its driving crazy me i keep going to er think im having a heart attack or somethings wrong with me. the do all these test on me and every thing fine except for my blood pressure gets really high.. then it goes away so freaking weird how panic and anixety takes over your mind and body..so i finely went to see a psychologist and a psychiatrist for meds they put me on celexa ive been feeling alittle better so far...i still get a little anixety when  in the car driving or crowded places. ive only been on the meds for a month. I hope you gets some help your not crazy and not alone alot of people have it too. and talking about it to someone helps alot expecialy people who are going throught it too. take care you can talk to me anytimesmile

• Posted

Thank you so much I'm definitely looking into seeing someone because there is no way I can go through lfe like this. But this helped me Thank you!!!

• Posted

your very welcome yes i know no one wants to live like this all there life. it will get better once you start getting help and they also have groups of all woman who have anixety and panic attacks and depression groups...
  • Posted

Victoria

​Try not to worry. The mainthing  is that you have a referral to a neurologist who will investigate you  thoroughly. Be prepared for a MRI  brain scan, eegs and the neurologists taking a very careful, detailed history from you.

You have given a clear picture here but it is helpful to write stuff down so that you may present that to  your neurologist.

​Best to get a diagnosis. I hope that your neurology appointment is soon.

• Posted

Sorry Victoria Misread  the  bit re the neurologist. I did not realise that you had already seen one and was awaiting MRI scan. Have u had an EEG?

• Posted

Victoria

It is important to rule out physical/neurological causes for your signs and symptoms.

• Posted

Yeah, I have a mri scheuled for the 5th im trying not to go insane in the meantime. I'm pretty much going absolutely crazy and I can't thnk of anything else its the worst. 

• Posted

Victoria This is nothing to go insane over honestly.

Naturally you are worried but that is a normal reaction.

There is a lot of good advice about anxiety conected to ANY investigation. Most people experience exactly the same feelings. ven drs and nurses crumble.

You are going to b okay I know

• Posted

It sounds to me like you are 100% havng panic attacks. The reason they stopped for a while was becauses when you first got diagnosed, you felt better knowing in that moment you were not dying, you calmed down and then the fear of having the panic attack subsided. Anxiety has a really wonderful (sarcasm) way of coming back randomly, when it pleases. The vision thing sounded very scary, I am sure though, that the hospital would not lie to you. All of the other symptoms you are explaining, however, sound right in line with a panic attack. I get ALL of that, plus my hands get super tingly. It is one of the most common things you hear people with anxiety/panic disorder say, "I feel out of control. Like I am losing my mind. Going crazy." It's one of the MAIN symptoms if you look "Anxiety symptoms" up online. Don't go to deep into the MD web though, because you will read things that are not realistic and it will scare you lol. Trust me, been there done that. I have talked to many of my friends who suffer with panic disorder and they say the same "ghostly" sensation, you feel like you are outside of yourself almost. It is a weird concept. Practice your breathing. Take a DEEP breath in for 4 seconds, hold for 4 seconds, and then  out for 4 seconds. Repeat this a few times. Do this the moment you feel a panic attack about to start, it'll stop it in it's tracks smile 

• Posted

Thanks so much for the advice. The weird this is though that I'm not having attacks its just this weird feeling all day long constantly. Would you say that this feeling is still panic?

• Posted

is derealization/ depersonalization if you look it up its very common in anxiety and it is not harmful and it wont do anything to you you are fine i know its scary i deal with it on and off and at first it scared me but so many people dealt with it and if you just do things you wont even notice it dont worry it wont hurt you 
    • Posted

It has other names. but I have noticed in my time of my sever panic attacks and anxious thoughts, it all goes hand in hand. My friends (who also suffer) and I just refer to it as being "in anxiety". It's like the state your mind/body goes into when it still thinks there is fear. I am not a doctor, but this is just what I have picked up from my personal challenges and also, books, videos and blogs I have read. 

• Posted

I aways explain it like, "I feel like I am in a dream. That I am not real." lol. It's a weird sensation.  I think it's just how the body/mind reacts to triggers of fear fired out through the brain itself. I feel that it is somewhat of a natural "defense mechanism" 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.