Help....Just Diagnosed with Intestinal Metaplasia

Posted , 18 users are following.

Can someone please help me to understand Intestinal Metaplasia... I did an endoscopy on July and found out that I have Antral-type muscosa with intestinal metaplasia... No HP are identified...I found this out from patient portal....the doctor didn't even mention that I have IM...he just said that the biopsy result was ok...  had anyone here been diagnosed with the intestinal metaplasia of the stomach and if so, what did you do? I am very worried ...Please help sad

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I also have been diagnosed. I worry all the time. I trust My God so I feel bad for worrying. My question is can it be healed? I read where Hugh antioxidants like vitamin C and E can heal it with the right diet. Mr dr. MaDE it sound like it can't be healed.

• Posted

It is complicated. Your doctor is right and wrong. One can say it can be healed and one can say it can not be healed. You can see in the upper comments, one healed her metaplasia... I still didn't take my second endoscopy, I'm waiting for new year of my private insurance to be covered for at least one more year... In Jan, I'll have another endoscopy...

• Posted

Hey, I'm cured =)

In my last 2 endoscopies, there is no sign of Intestinal Metaplasia.

HP eradication failed 2 times.

I still have pan-gastritis.

Lenfoid aggregation in single point.

But no Intestinal Metaplasia, no Displasia! 😃

Hope the best for all of us.

• Posted

hi thats great news

ive read so much that IM cannot be reversed.

did u think your first biopsy was done wrongly or your change in diet played a part.

also whats HP eradication ?

any detail of your change in diet. im taking 1000mg of vitamimc daily.

pls advise

• Posted

Help!

Was recently diagnosed with Intestinal Metaplasia and Gastric Atrophy. I have both the complete and Incomplete(bad) type. I have the BRCA mutation which includes gastric cancer.

I tested negative for H Pylori. Intestinal Metaplasia did not show up two years prior. My follow up will be a complete mapping in one year. My gastro thought fine to wait 2 or 3 years. I did not.

From what the Doctor said and from what I read I fear there is nothing I can do but sit and wait. It is upsetting that nothing can be treated until it turns to cancer. I believe Gastric Cancer increases 600 percent after this diagnosis.

I also have Gerd. I do not want to start taking Pantoprazole because of the side effects I read. One being cancer.

Is there any advice you can give me?

I started drinking potato juice daily. Does anyone know anything about that helping?

Any hopeful information would be appreciated.

• Posted

Hi there. You would still expect cancer to eventually develop (say, 30 years from now)?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.