Help me please!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, new to the forum, will try and contribute myself.

A very quick break down.

1. Headaches for 11 years, in middle of eyes and forehead ( Dizzyness, Lathergy, Blurred Vision, Squinty eyes, Pain wink

2. Two Sinus surgeries and no improvement ( Alergy testing displayed nothing, blood tests nothing, acupuncture useless)

3. Tried every spray / anti biotics / Pills no improvement

ENT have now discharged me as the CT scans show an improvement in the sinus area, but I feel exactly the same.

Can anyone offer me support and advice ? Really confused / I''m not sure where I can go next.

Thanks for reading I will repay by feeding back on others.

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi guys. I had this too. IT was the start of a dreary few years of trying to get diagnosed ...in my case it was the start of auto immune disease. Awful symptoms. Extreme vertigo, migraine which responds to nothing. Nothing on scans etc. Do you also get nasal pain?? I got that a lot with bleeding and scabbing inside my nose. No one could suggest anything. Was discharged from ENT. Long drawn out process. Finally ended up with a referral to an immunologist. I was diagnosed 12 years ago with an auto immune disorder, a form of vasculitis. 

Now symptom free with great treatment but it was very difficult to be diagnosed. Some of you may have something similar I feel. x

• Posted

Good you got diagnosed. Would you say that your sinus symptoms were secondary to the vertigo and migraines?

Do if people get other symptoms it's really worth persuing things rather than getting fobbed of with drs saying it's just sinus related.

I have nasal pain but it's all part of the sinus pain, around the eyes, cheekbones and when it's really bad, upper molars.

Auto immune disease sounds bad, hope you're OK.

• Posted

Hi there

Thought I would give a quick update. I was started on a new drug roughly a month ago. And this has been a game changer for me. It's called Lyrica (pregabalin) and it's used to treat nerve damage. 

After the sinus op things were much worse and I found it hard to explain the pain to the doctor so she was convinced I had nerve damage around my eye and sinus cavity. 

In the past 3 weeks i've only had mild pain twice (compared to the searing pain i was in 24 hours a day) 

I still have a bit of sinus pressure but it's absolutley nothing compared to what I was going through. 

Anyway. I just hope this is going to be a long term solution. 

Rach 

• Posted

Wow amazing so happy for you, please update me on your progress.
  • Posted

I have sinus pain, dizziness, neck ache, tingling/pins and needle feeling on the left side of my head, pressure feeling on the bridge of my nose

I am really worried that I have a brain tumour or MS or something else seriously wrong.

Please help !!!!

• Posted

Hi Laura, you defo need to get your self to the docs for some expert advice, have you lost your appertite ?
    • Posted

Hi Jo,

No I've not lost my appetite (wish I had!! If it's not nailed down then I'll eat it)!!

The only time I loose my appetite is if I'm having a panic attack, the thought of food makes me feel sick.

Is loss of appetite a symptom then??

• Posted

Hi guys bit of an update

Things got worse following this post, I got mysel into a very anxious state, and very depressed.

Since then I've upped my Citaloprn Meds to 20mg, given up Alchol , ECig and I'm drinking 3 litres of water a day.

Headaches have improved dramatically, I even had a full blown cold with nasl drippage for the first ime in 2-3 years!

I'm still dealing with some depression and negative thoughts but I'm hoping they will pass when things settle down, I just need to break the negative thought cycle ( harder than it seems as most ofyou will already kno)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.