Help Me Please

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been having the symptoms of this condition for about 5 months now and after A visit to my gp last week he wanted to run full bloods. These came back as normal today, but I ended up seeing another gp instead he now wants to run another full lot of bloods which I know will come back the same as these ones. Can any one help me in telling me how you managed to get diagnosed with this condition. It just seems an endless system of gps wanting blood and saying nothing is wrong when these come back normal, they said that they might refer me to a neurologist but this could take about twelve months, but really he did not see any point as he said there was nothing wrong. I am at the end of my teather now. Sleepless nights, hot sweats, the constant aching, the pins and needles, the chronic tirdness, trying to work and be a mum and a wife I can not do it any more all I do is cry as no one seems to be able to help. is there light at the end of the tunnel.

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Ses

Can't understand some doctors they just don't understand where your coming from. Of course we want to know if our osteo has got worse and the only way to find out properly is an xray :roll: Its not something you can see from the outside apart from some signs of swellling and redness to show there is arthritis in the joint.

You did have a really busy day yesterday you must have been shattered when you finally got to your bed. sad

I didn't have very good night pain was all over when I went to bed then woke at 5 o clock still with bad pains and took some tablets. Couldn't get back to sleep after that. My pain seems to have got much worse over the last couple of weeks but then it has been wet and cooler on and off. That probably explains it :cry:

I have had a busy day as well today with looking after Molly and my other children coming to visit and stay for tea. Then in and our cleaning there cars. I am now on my own for a little while has my husband has taken our son to his friends house. He is going out clubbing tonight so don't know what time he will be back tomorrow morning. He is nearly 20 and does go to uni so is use to staying out late. The only thing I ask is for him to let me know if he is staying over.

Going to chill when Stewart gets back and we will be on our own then and sit and watch a dvd. Have to watch it quite early or I will probably fall asleep lol. :lol:

Hope you are not in too much pain today and having a more restful one!

Hope you are all ok Linda, Di and Helen and Everyone else.

Take care

Love Tess/Jane x x

• Posted

Hi Tess,

Yeah I was extremely shattered and I am still shattered today, but if I goto bed early I know I probably wouldn't sleep, so fatigued having to kind of force myself to put one foot in front of the other :oops: I went to bed at 3'oclock due to the pain last night got up at 11.45 am so should have had enough sleep but doesn't matter how much we have it makes no difference, anyway at least I have another month to recuperate :lol: I have been just resting on the bed making a card!!!!!

The pain in the hip still the same I have been like this for weeks...... maybe in theory as I have put up with it ....maybe thats why the appeal may not believe my pain, but you kind of hope it will go away and put up with it until you can take no more......... as with the fibro no-one seems to understand you apart from fellow sufferers :cheerup: I will get the truth soon to what the appeal have put :twisted: lets see if I am right? It really annoyed me today as I struggle walking, I thought how my life could be so easier if I had further help, but no I have to struggle with my day to day life, can't pick things up, so I have to wait until someone can I feel I am in kind of slow motion due to the pain and fatigue........ :roll: anyway I am waffling now lol just having a general moan :?

I do hope yo all are having a better day and restful sleep xxxx

XXXXX

• Posted

Hi Ses

I am up bright an early today due to the pain. Didn't have a very good night sleep again woke up at 1 then went back off but work up again 3.30 took some paracetomol. Don't know why as didn't do much good. :cry: Here I am again got up at 6 still with pain in knees, back and hip on right side. Last few days have been worse than normal.

It seems no matter how much you sleep its not enough to make up for the part of sleep pattern we lose. :cry:

Your entitled to a moan its good to have somewhere to get it off your chest and let your feelings out. :lol:

Hope everyone else is doing ok today!

Love Tess/Jane x x

• Posted

Hi Tess

I don`t sleep well at all either. Amitriptyline just seem to make me dosy the next day! Tried increasing my anti depressant last night from half to whole tablet, but felt sick and dizzy again so will try three quarters tonight. I will try to get on with tem as my mood already seems much better. I just think if we could get restorative sleep everything else wouldn`t seem quite so bad. Some hope!!

well hope everyone has a reasonable day

Love Linda

• Posted

HI Tess, Linda xx Everyone,

I woke up myself this morning in pain around three o clock this morning and I am in so much pain in my hip today I can't even lean back, this can't be fibro????? the pain is so severe, must be the osteo?????? I have gone onto lycra today seems to not have made no difference but I suppose I have to preserve as we are guinea pigs when it comes to meds :oops: anyway I am going to get my next meds as the pain is so bad :oops: I just hope that we all have a restful sleep tonight :roll:

Take care my dear friends xxxx

:rose: :cheerup: :rose:

• Posted

Hi Linda , Ses & everyone

Sorry to both didn't have a very good night sleep like me lets hope we all get some better sleep tonight.

My big toe is really hurting tonight but been standing on it more this afternoon as went to watch my husband go up in aeroplane. We all put together as a family for a treat to have a flying lesson for his 50th Birthday. Was a lovely day at least no rain lol. But now my toe really ache as I was wearing my trainers but did quite a bit of walking.

Sounds like yours must be Osteo Ses the pain you are in! Yes Linda and Ses we do all have to keep trying out different medications and keep going with them :cry: We haven't got much else we can take.

Not cooking tonight lol ordered takeaway going to rest my toe lol :o

Take care everyone :o

Love Tess/Jane x x

• Posted

Hi there everyone,

I have been in so much pain it is unbearable, keep topping up the meds but no joy, If I am like this tomorrow I am off to the hospital..... hopefully I do not have to go but I am having so much difficulties and it is rather embarrassing...... anyway folks I do hope you are having a better less painful time than me?

Take care everyone xx

• Posted

Hi Ses & Everyone

Its nof fair on you they should sort out your pain and not leave you with all these problems. :cry: I do feel for you it is not very nice when you are in pain. Luckily my pain is bearable although unpleasant I can tolerate it too a certain extent. Its overnight when it is the worse and feel it more when we are tired :cry:

Well hope you don't have to go to hospitsal but mabybe they can do something for you.! :o

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

Love Tess/Jane

• Posted

Hi Tess,

In so much pain it is so unbearable, something kind of clicked before and for a few minutes the pain had gone but no it came back with a vengeance and I am unable to even sit here at ease....... I do hope everyone is ok and I hope everyone has a good night sleep xxxx

Hugs to you all xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.