Help me please. I can not use Vagifem or Estriol cream...!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Any women out there had the same problems as me?

I'm 44 and very recently my gyne has informed me that he believes I'm hitting the change rolleyes   He gave me Estriol estregen to try and help with the uretha/bladder/frequency  issues that I appear to be having. Well after two weeks of using this cream the symptoms were worse with uretha spasms and more pelvic pain.

Recently he put me onto Vagifem and I could only tolerate it 5 days use and had to stop using it last weekend  due to the same issues, more pelvic pain and upset stomach, bladder pain/spasms  etc etc.

These topical treatments are mean't to be helping apparently  but only appear to be making things worse for me?!!!

My gyne is on holiday for two weeks and now I'm in a pickle and have no idea what to do now or what will help me.

If I have a problem with loading with estregen internally  then what on earth am I to do ????

:0

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I didn't get on with the cream but Vagifem has worked for me, the thing with it is it is not an instant cure, you need to be on it for three months and I was given a pain killer called amitriptylene at a very lose dose to take with it to get me over the discomfort you can have in the early days as your dry tissues start rehydrating.
    • Posted

Hi Helen.. unfortunately for me after two weeks of using the Estriol cream I had to stop, due to the fact I couldn't stand the throbbing and other side effects I was getting. The vagifem he switched me onto and I could only stand that for 5 days...seriously it was horrendous, almost an allergic reaction.

I'm still not convinced I should be using estregen at all and if there is a slight chance after the laparoscopy  that I do have some endometriosis, then I shouldnt be using topical estregen at all as it only makes matters worse. Perhaps this is why I don't seem to be able to tolerate it.

I'll know more once my gyne is back from holiday and i have the procedure done.

Dreading it

• Posted

Hi caroline,  did your gyne ever suggest progesterone at all or do they only ever suggest oestrogen?  I have read loads of stuff on progesterone and its benefits for endometriosis etc but it seems that oestrogen is always given for everything.  just wondering thanks because reading your post your gyne thinks you are starting the change but oestrogen may not be the answer unless you are really dry?

the amount of discomfort you are having just seems wrong.  how are you when you don't use it?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.