Help! Overwhelmed with symptoms

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all, I haven't posted for a while. I'm 50 now and been going through some rough symptoms for a year - depression, anxiety, digestive probs. Had LOADS of scans and tests but all clear, though I'm convinced I have something wrong inside as upper abdo pain and IBS is a DAILY problem.

I'm on my last day of a holiday in Spain - I nearly didn't come due to so many physical symptoms and anxiety. I've tried to relax but just have no energy for going out and I'm feeling SO panicky right now because I feel like this EVERY day. It's like I'm dragging myself through each day never knowing what to expect.

These are my current symptoms, can anyone relate because I just can't believe this is normal... I'm currently having a period too...

-Daily upper abdo aching/cramping/ indigestion

-Lower abdo aching/cramping/bloating

-Fatigue, feels like I've been drugged

-Neck, shoulders, hips and thighs ache - like flu

-Nausea

-Waking up in morning with sick headaches, like migraine, and numb hands and arms?

-Waking up feeling like I've been run over! And not feeling better as day goes on.

I could go on. These sick, migrainious headaches are the worst. I've been getting them nearly every day for weeks now. I take Vit supplements and careful what I eat, no alcohol etc. But I just can't seem to get any respite.

Sorry, but I feel so low. How can all my blood tests and scans be normal and I feel this ill? I'm trying to hide it from my daughter and hubby but I've got no energy for the things I used to do. And it's not just sometimes, this has been every day for months, if it's not one symptom it's another. My anxiety is through the roof.

I hope you are all having better days xx

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY AUNT IS GOING THROUGH MENOPAUSE SHE IS HAVING SHOULDER PAIN ELBOW PAIN ACHES EVERY WHERE SHE CRIES SHE MOODY IS THIS NORMAL FOR HER IT'S DRIVING US CRAZY BECAUSE WE DON'T KNW WHATS GOING ON SHE WON'T OPEN UP TO US
    • Posted

Your shouting as well we don't do that in here as try to be placid quiet group
    • Posted

sorry i did'nt realize my caps was on until i hit send 
    • Posted

It sounds fairly normal for menopause! But perhaps she has other stresses too. Try to be patient with her. When she's calmer and having a better day maybe you could ask her how she is feeling about things, perhaps suggest a visit to the GP might help. If she could open up and acknowledge her mood swings it would probably help you all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.