Help please

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I'm on my 6th week or cit and I'm having a lot of sucidal thoughts it's scary.has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Betsy is totally right, Muza, please talk to a professional.
  • Posted

Muza, the serotonin medication 'anti depressants' can give you a paradox type effect as you become more used to them, the thoughts are only mixed signals of the eletro transmitters try and ignore them things are really buzzing around in your head as you get used to the chemical balance if you really become bothered go and see the GP they may look at chnaging the dosage I had really bad anxiety until the meds normalised. Dont suffer in silence we are here to help contact your GP if you dont feel good smile You'll be ok !!!  
    • Posted

Hi Stevo

Just looking for a bit of advice I've been on citalapram 20mg for 12 weeks I feel better than a few months ago my main problem is anxiety and negative thoughts some people say up dose and some say stick to this dose it's puzzling me sould they be working by now ?

• Posted

Hey Don,

Thats a tough one as everyone has different levels of Illness, and chemicals react diferently in our brain. Some people take about that long to actually feeling better some earlier some always have some form of anxiety only far less than  before Maybe talk to your GP I remeber having side effects for a long time and I had all of them maybe you could go up or maybe you need to wait a little longer ? The main thing keep positive you will get the right mixture and start feeling good again ok hang in there wink

• Posted

Thanks Stevo

Going to talk to doctor this morning 😀

• Posted

Hi Muza,

Please get in touch with the dr who prescribed this med for you. Dont wait hoping things will get better, be careful what you say as you don;t want to have heavier meds prescribed than necessary, explain that you have control over your thoughts but find them unpleasant. don;t let the receptionist make you wait, be strong as let them know you need to see a dr soon as. If you have to wait for an appointment get someone you know to phone and explain that you can;t wait.

• Posted

Thanks for everyone's words.my social worker just said to keep distracted and busy she's coming to see my tomorrow.I'm just feel in very flat lined
    • Posted

Hi muza

your social worker has given good advice, but it's difficult to follow when you are feeling so bad! I would definitely see your doc (get emergency appointment, if they don't have any spaces) in the meantime try really focussing on a TV programme or play your favourite music and concentrate on learning the words to the song. This will stop negative thoughts creeping in! If you find them creeping back, try imagining..... ....kicking those horrible and unwelcomed thoughts out into oblivion! picture those thoughts leaving and going into orbit! It honestly works but you have to see those thoughts in your mindseye. ..Once there in focus. ..go for it! Just give it a try!

Please let us know how you get on ♥♥

Wishing you better

god bless ♥♥

• Posted

Thank you so much I'm under hilmorton so I can't just book a appt with them they have a waiting list.I will be ok
    • Posted

I just wana stop @along these meds my social worker seems to think I'm getting better im unsure how when she not in my body.how do you feel better wen u feel like a zombie 24.7
    • Posted

Have you been on the same dosage the whole time?  Are you on the lowest dose or higher?  It may be that you are a slow metabolizer and because you aren't clearing it out fast enough it is building up in your system as if you were going up and up in dosage.  Ask your doc about the cytochrome p450 test that determines whether you are slow, medium or fast at metabolizing ADs and other drugs.  It may shed light on your situation.

• Posted

I started in 10mig for a week and have been on 20mig for 6weeks now
    • Posted

muza If ur not satisfied with the advice from your social worker Pleased phone a help line of dr Antoine else u think can help you
    • Posted

How did you feel on 10 before going up to 20?  Were you having side effects?  

You are the one having to take the meds and it is your brain; if you aren't doing well with the side effects and don't want to continue with this drug, it is absolutely your choice.

• Posted

hi betsy,

im feeling ok, a bit more anxious, dopey than normal, but for the rest am happy with meds. how are you doing?

• Posted

I can't even remember wat u was like I'm ten mils because everything has been a blur since last year.I took no meds for 5weeks and wasn't good but the problem that contributes to my depression in over and have delt with.so I'm rather stuck I haven't had any side effects just headaches and dizziness at the start.I would rather feel something then nothing I just don't cear it sucks can't even think wat I'm doing day to day in walking doing yoga a boot camp nothing is helping because I am so disconnected😅
    • Posted

I'm never happy enjoy nothing it just feels like I'm a ghost in this world with pretty much no quality of life
    • Posted

oops, meant to ask muza!  I'm glad you're happy with your meds.  I'm doing great!  Tapering off two meds, sub-therapeutic levels on both, and doing well :-)
    • Posted

So, your original issue that was causing your depression is dealt with?  Why not come off, then, if this med is messing with you so much?

I know in this condition due to the meds it is not helpful to do CBT because the meds numb you, make you not care, the disconnected feeling, etc,, not conducive to CBT type work.  MIndfulness and meditation can help with depression and anxiety, and might help in the state you are in, just to settle you.

I'd encourage you to do a slow taper off the meds, as reducing should bring relief from all of this.  Even though you are feeling awful on the drug, you still shouldn't go off too fast due to the dependency that has likely developed.  The drugs create an imbalance as far as your nervous system is concerned and so it pushes back by down-regulating receptors and serotoinin production, trying to restore your nervous system's preferred conditions; this remodeling will then cause big imbalances if the drug is taken away too quickly.  

So, I would do no more than a 20% cut to start with, if that is how you want to go.  I suspect you are a slow metabolizer and so the drug is building up too high in your system.  Because of this, you may be able to get away with 20% rather than the 10% that is usually recommended, at least in the beginning.

• Posted

I have had a better day today the reason why I have gone backwards is because my sister moved to Aussie.I'm in no state to come off then I've tried no meds and I was worse so I'm just going to stick it out.thanks for you reply
    • Posted

I felt numb and had disconection on no meds to

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.