Help please

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi,

I have had PMR for 2 & a half years, I am aged 52, currently on 10mg pred per day and would appreciate any comments / thoughts on the following.

1. I sometimes forget things, like when driving how to get to my destination even although I know it well or I have left keys in car or front door keys in the door outside. Anyone else come across this ?

2. I have had to give up work as I cannot concentrate and am too tired, again am I being a wimp or anyone else had to do this ?

3. I find it difficult to get a full nights sleep and often have not very nice dreams, is it just me ?

4. I try to walk 2 miles each day (on flat ground) some days I feel fine and on others this tires me and hurts. Anyone else feel like this ?

5. When I do anything that requires exertion (housework) often I get horrendously sweaty even after only a short period, is this common.

any advice anyone can give would be really appreciated as even with all the great help from my doctor and hospital consultant I still feel very confused about PMR and kind of feel either isolated or that I am just not trying hard enough.

if you have read this far thank you for doing so. George from Kirkcaldy.

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I too have very vivid and unpleasant dreams and I think they are a side effect of the pred. I think since i have tapered down I am not getting them so frequently.
    • Posted

You aren't going mad. Sometimes I could remember the weird dreams in the morning. They have almost gone now I am at 5.5. The chances are that if you ask, someone on this forum will have experienced whatever you are concerned about and will reassure you. If necessary, they will also advice a GP appointment when a symptom needs checking.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.