Help please! Bartholin's cyst and Im just 17

Posted , 17 users are following.

I'm very scared, I have a tumor like thing down there, I searched about it and got to know about bartholins cyst. I've not been to doctors yet and I really don't wanna go because I'm very embarrased, I'll die but I won't let anyone check it. I noticed this lump on 19th and got my periods on 20th I was really scared when I felt it, my "that" area pains a bit I'm not able to figure out if it's because of the cyst or my periods. I guess my periods are gonna make it worse because of menstrual blood's bacterias sad I've been thinking about all the consequences which may happen to me because of this lump like cancer .. :'( I'm just 17 and I don't want my life to be ruined by this.. please help, and I can't take sitz baths Cuz I don't have a bath tub at home

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

how big is the cyst? mine bofore is too big i cant even walk normally, im always lying down and crying because so painful. i dont know wats the operation they did. after my operation, im so happy because im thinking that it was my second life, after my severe Bartholin abscess,. 
  • Posted

Trust me I know it's embarrassing I've had 5 in the last 5-6 months it is horrible pain I been crying not knowing what to do. I have gotten 4 drainage already and honestly now I'm taking antibiotics it's not as painful but I don't know what else to do. I just want to have to go back to the hospital. It's exhausted dealing with this situation and all I wonder is when is this going to stop cause it's the worst pain I've ever had to go through. I'm 22 years old and I'm embarrassed so I could only imagine how you must be feeling. sad I'm hoping the antibiotics help but mine is the size of a walnut I just don't know could the antibiotic take it away completely like shrink all the way? Or will I eventually have to go in regardless to drain it
    • Posted

ANtibiotics could....I never had any luck with Antibiotics....it actually got larger.  I had a similar experience to you...having one after another after being drained!!  You cant help but cry!!!!  I decided this was crazy and I couldnt carry on living like this...I need to take control...I look up natual remedies etc....I now never have to have it drained...it if starts to come I spray silica spray on it.  Works a charm.  I drink more water too.  Research natural remedies...some good ideas on this forum.  Feel free to private message me for details of spray I use etc...anyone is welcome to private message me...even in one years time if you are reading this...

Sending you a big hug!  Do some research and you will find what is good for you...so you dont have them the size of walnuts...so painful i know...even to walk.  You just stay super still in bed...trust me this is just a small chapter of your life.  You will figure out your magic potion.  Also stress brings mine on...

• Posted

First of all

Calm down smile

I am 16 hun and have these for about 7 months now on and off i tried everything from sitz baths ( salt and savalon in hot bath water ) to going hospital and being on medication what worked for me wat serreptase go to ur local health shop its about £7 for a rub take 2 a day - 1 in the morning and 1 at night before u eat . wait 15 mins after eatting these wont hurt u all they do is take away any sewelling in ur body and actually bring ur lump to a head ready to burst i took these when i just had a lump up and day 2 of taking them it had a head and i put a tiny bit of pressur on it by pushing it and it burst smile have not had one since i am still taking the tablets to keep it away trust me the pain is awful but these take the pain away trying having a bath with some antiseptic savolon wash £4 from phamist works a treat anything else hun message me xxxx

• Posted

i was 17 when i got my first one so i understand how scared you must be...i thought mine was cancer too. after a couple months of not being able to put a tampon in i knew i needed to see a doctor. she said it can pop on its own so try soaking in a bath with epson salt and a hot compress for like a week and if it doesnt pop then you might want to go to the doctor. dont worry its a pretty common thing.
  • Posted

Hi iv I 2 whilst I was pregnant within a few weeks apart I went to my surgery they put me in antibiotic medication but that didn’t work so I went to my local hospital and had it drained but on the second it came back but disappeared for a short time 3 months later my baby was born I’m am 19 by the way and has come back more painful than the first set ad really don’t want to go back to the doctors because I was in so much pain when the drained it is there some way I can get rid of it at home I live in the uk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.