help pls.. my B12 vitamin test result is 274 pg/ml.. is it deficiet or its fine?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Pin and needle sensation and numbness in small part of left uper thigh. After two weeks also started on right leg and arms for 2 minutes max.

I was told to have test for b12 and thyroid. Results are as follow.

B12 (VITAMIN b12) = 274 pg/ml

SERUM TSH =4.080 uIU

FT4 = 1.07 ng/dl

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

did you get tested for vitamin d deficiency as the symptoms you describe are just some of what i get and believe me its not pleasant as my condition has got worse
    • Posted

I got vit d12/tested. Have u tested urs if u r getting the same symptoms?
    • Posted

Yes d i got tested now and its 4 very low sad

Now daignsd very low Vit D 4 and high prolactine 118. Also noticed unexolained white diacharges frm brst. And my gp asked me to get MRI of pituitary gland.

I am so worried about tumor. And I am more concerned that its been so many years that when First I had irregular mensus, if it's tumor it must have become so big in these years.

What are the symptoms how to figure out whether its small or big, if any. Do u have any idea about pituitary gland tumor?

Kindly help me so that I can make myself prepared.?

• Posted

Sorry Reemaa

I hit the wrong button.

I have a beer belly just like a pregnant woman causing stress on my back giving me Sciatica (pins and needles), posibly worth another chat with your doc

• Posted

Hi

No problemsmile

Have u ever been to neuro for this pin and needle sensation?

• Posted

I was dignosed at 30PG/ML on june 2016 when i dignosed my self i was going through hard times from the bigining of 2016 i had unprotected sex so my concern was any stds have cought me but i did all the test and only the detection was low vitamin d and very low vitamin b12. I had started taking injections of vitamin b12 and felt really better. Now its may 2017 my B12 is going dont and i now nearby 300pg/ml. i am confused either i have any stomach issues or STDs. but i did all the tests except hepatitis A. Again having a hard time my skin is getting rought on my neck like a big heat burn. I am confused what to do. My contact was on 2013 june unprotected anal sex.
    • Posted

You need to have a daily vitamin regimen. Get something with at least 100mcg of B12. B12 is 3 components, a reservoir (90% or so) and an 8% that you actually use.. and folates are necessary to use that. You can test normal on B12 and still be deficient. And when I say normal, I mean mid range 600 or so.. 300 is symptomatic of severe deficiencies. Talk to a nutritionist. 
  • Posted

Much too low, neuro symptoms can exist, as someone else said, less than 600. 

Are you on stains, metformin, or diuretic? The will kill your B12/Folates, along with a host of other vital amino acids (vitamins), as well as play havoc with their absorbtion.

Low b12 will account for tingling, swelling, create anxiety/stress levels, lead to cardiac failure, etc.  Get a MMA and hist test.. and a full thyroid screen. The ones in the CBC are indicators. DID you know Physicians get only about 40 hours of low level nutrition info in their entire training? 

• Posted

meant statins not stains....  and misspelled absorption. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.