Help surgery Monday and petrified.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies

I have my vaginal hysterectomy and anterior repair Monday I'm scared to death.

I hope I'm not in too much pain as I can only take paracetamol. Any advice from anyone who have travelled this road would be wonderful. Help my worried Mind. Speedy recovery all you brave Ladies x

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Had a vaginal hysterectomy with removal of tubes and ovaries just over a year ago at the 'young age' of 72 - it was a doddle! No problems and no real pain. Took paracetamols at bedtime for a few days despite strong codeine given by the hospital which I never used. Bled a few days afterwards but all that stopped by the end of the first week. You must must rest with your feet up whenever you can of course, as your tummy settles back into its new position. All in all I found it a more 'comfortable' operation than I thought. My husband and I resumed our sex life within a couple of months and was as good as ever - so I can honestly say I don't really feel any different and I haven't missed 'my bits' at all. Hope your operation goes well (today?). Best wishes, LadyPink

• Posted

Me back again, forgot - I'd already had an anterior AND a posterior repair done,  back in Dec 2013. A little uncomfortable for a short time - especially the 'rear end' one - but now I don't even think about it as everything is well back to normal. Take it easy and don't rush around doing things too soon when you get home. You'll be absolutely fine. Love LadyPink

• Posted

I am having surgery in about 2 weeks I kept putting it off since before thanksgiving just scared off the outcome after the surgery will i be depressed,will my sexual desire be gone... I think I want the spinal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.