Help to come off tramadol 50mg

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi.

I'm not here to be judged. I'm just here to get some help.

I have been on tramadol about 5/6 years, I know I have a problem because I am using my 240 tablets month supply in around 2 weeks. I'm averaging between 15 to 20 of 50mg tablets everyday. When I run out I'm ringing doctors making excuses to get more and more. I started using them for chronic migrane and muscle pains. I need to get off these but I'm finding it so hard. Is there any advice or anything I can buy over the counter to help with the withdrawal? I have around 10 tablets left till my next script in a weeks time.

Just a heads up I'm allergic to codeine and ibrufen.

I can't speak to the doctor about my problem as I work in pharmaceuticals although I would never take any from work they don't know that. I'm a 28 year old male from the UK. Any help will be great fully received. Thank you

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Aww bless you so. Hope u feel better Soon ...you have the summer comeing the light nights help when u aren't feeling great ,,, hopefully you will get the help u need ,,,god bless u ..you will look back. Next year try to b strong u will get through it you children a family love u ,,,,,,takecare ,Linda ,

• Posted

I must be the only person who has never been addicted to Tramadol , i just take it as an when my arthritis pain is really bad an i have been prescribed it for years an have a back log of tramadol tablets because i don't take them 4 times a day x

• Posted

Im not really sure what your need was to comment on this thread? A man just told us he tried to take his LIFE due to tramadol. You coming on here JUST to tell him how you take it perfectly and you must be the only one who isnt addicted is mind blowing!!! We are all happy you are perfect, thank you for sharing. Im SURE he feels much better now....
  • Posted

Hi mate I don't know if you have sorted this yet but I am on day 3 and feel ok. Once I realised I wasn't using them for pain and just to feel good I got some citalapram for depression/anxiety and started taking multi vits, cod liver, vit D,.peppermint oil tabs for stomach pains, ,2 weeks of zopicone for sleeping and a months worth of 10 ml diazepam. Now that might sound extreme but I used this method 17 yrs ago to get out every opioid you could think of. Most would call the above a rattle pack but I promise you it works. It's not a quick plan and takes a couple of months reducing the trans and waiting for the anti depressants to work. When down to a point where its too uncomfortable start the rattle pack and if you follow that it will be pretty painless. But obviously you have to beat the mental state or you will eat the rattle pack before , if that makes sense. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.