Help with AV pain please!

Posted , 13 users are following.

hi, I have been diagnosed with AV this week after weeks of pain and treatments for thrush cystitis and UTI. I have been prescribed vagifem which I have been taking for 3 days but the burning and discomfort is terrible! Especially when sitting.  I wondered if there was an external topical cream I could use that others have found helpful?! I have seen lots of suggestions on here but they don't look like they are available in the UK! Anyone help please?! smile 

2 likes, 86 replies

86 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How long has this been going on? Have you seen a urologist? I had problems very similar to this. My GYN doc assured me I would be fine after my hysterectomy. Not. I was having terrible vulvar pain, like someone was pinching the area with pliers and slowly pulling, both internal and external. After 8 MONTHS my gp finally decided to refer to a urologist. Testing in OR, diagnosis, and come back in 4 months for treatment. I found a urogynecologist. I have interstitial cystitis. (not all docs believe there is such a thing). It was pretty easily treated, not cured. The pain and incontinence I had experienced was gone in TWO DAYS. I cannot stress enough if you have not found a reason and a treatment, do not hesitate to try another doctor. One of the urogynecologist actually told me doctors are taught in med school that if they cannot find what is wrong with a woman, tell her it is in her head! She said if this happens, find another doctor. I was an LPN, pain is a signal there is a problem. Don't ignore it. IC can go into remission, mine is, thankfully. Good luck. Don't give up.

• Posted

That is excellent; please tell us how it was cured?
  • Posted

Yuvafem  results so far. I seem to have taken a step back. I did have some slight burning after using the new yuvafem. And I was somewhat uncomfortable yesterday.But I do like that it is so less messy than the estrace. This is just my first week and I'm only doing the twice a week. So we will see. Part of my increase pain this week could have come from a long car ride to a funeral mid week. This dreadful condition is a real roller coaster ride. I'm trying to remember how bad I was when this started for me five months ago and how much better I am now. Stay hopeful and positive

• Posted

Thank you Caroline ! Good luck with the doctor and with the maybe UTI. Great that vagifem is working.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.