Help with enough fiber

Posted , 7 users are following.

I dont care if I have to eat the same thing everyday but how do you all get 30 g every da of fiber?? I bought musinex that has 2 g, banana/ oatmeal 5g. Whole grain toast with half avacado and pears is 7g and might get another 5g at supper is only 19g. Where do you find another 10 in snacks?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Veggies, veggies and more veggies - they all have some fibre, and if you eat enough of them it pushes it up to 30gm. My veggies today came to 19.2gm fibre. That was mushrooms and tomatoes at breakfast, a large plate of salad at lunch and a turkey/veggie stew with 4 veggies at dinner. Add in your cereal and toast et voila!!

• Posted

Do you cook your veggies good i mean like soft , I have to because of no upper teeth yet...

• Posted

Cant eat mushroom ,tomato and most veggies causes gas. I am now not eating any red meat and so tired of chicken,tuna and salmon. I get up to

• Posted

A mixture - soft for soup, raw for salad, in between for ordinary meals.

• Posted

mjf3814 can you post how to make your turkey stew? Love to try making it.

• Posted

Beans are the highest fibre food.

All Bran cereal is high too.

Whole Wheat pasta

peas

baked potato with skin

apples

Whole wheat pitas can have up to 8 g for a large depending on who makes them

oatmeal

• Posted

So you eat peas ? What about the skin on them? I was told no beans except green beans and no skin on sweet or regular potato?.

• Posted

If you are worried about skins on peas or beans puree them in the blender or food processor or even just mash them good. This comes from my GI doctor recommended dietitian.

• Posted

gramma!

very simple! fiber--its available for you in individual size convenience pks (same size as splenda) to use in a 16.9 oz bottle of water in many flavors...cherry.. pomegranate ... you can drink it❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.