help with opening bottles Jars.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone know where I can buy something to help open jars ,pop bottles, and similar things.  Have problems with my hands and really struggling. Thanks.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry, its tenura rubber antimicrobial non slip grip jar opener, its blue and sits on jars just nicely! Makes it so so much easier x
  • Posted

400875604166 is the item numberin ebay, just put it in the search x
  • Posted

you can either put a spoon handle under the rim it sometimes works if you run warm water over the top
  • Posted

My occupational therapist gave me 3 thin blue rubbery strips that stick to anything. I sit the jar on one piece to stop it slipping, long rectangle piece goes round the middle of jar to help grip and finally last piece goes over lid for opening. I have gone fron not being able to open anything to being able to open everything! They're amazing! Also just have to wash in soapy water to retain stickinesss. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

thank you so much for all your suggestions. You have all been so helpful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.