HELP with the wet ones process!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Like many my story is long and frustrating. I have Multiple Sclerosis with several disabling symptoms.

A year ago I was severely stressed out and developed facial rosacea and bleph w/ocular roscea.

I'll tell you what: my severe bleph symptoms have trumped all of my disabling

MS symptoms and I'm one miserable girl!

I won't go into all detail....

But after constant treatments, experiments and monthly optho appts I am still miserable, although 50% improved.

I had plugs put in my lower ducts which has helped quite a bit.

Currently on doxy low dose as anti-inflammatory,

1000 mg fishoil/omega 3, blood serum drops 4-6 times daily, sterile drops in between, cleanse with

ocusoft foam and wipes 2-3 times daily, Vaseline at night b4 bed.

I still have: dryness, stinging, itching and blurry vision off and on daily.

My vision changes every monthly appt so I can't get a prescription for glasses.

I have developed 2 corneas on left eye that can't be removed because of bleph, and I frequently can't drive or read.

I want to try the WetOnes, but I'm unclear on exactly which ones and how to apply.They have small ones

and larger ones. And a few different kinds. Can anyone tell me exactly which wetone product to try?

Do you just do the margins, can yo do the corners of the eyes? I have a hard time cleaning margins

W/O touching the corneas.is it o.k. to touch the eyeball just a little? Do you think they'll

affect my tear duct plugs?

Thanks to any and all that can help me out. I know my optho will not approve,

and I'm desparate, but don't want to cause further problems either!

2 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,I can relate,my eyes now bring me daily anxiety. My doctor recommended trying cleridex wipes as alot of times bleph is caused by demodex mites that are very hard to see. I havnt tryed them yet,but they can be purchased on Amozon, I too have blurred,filmy vision daily. Its more filmy then blurry,plus of course dry eye. Xx
  • Posted

Also if my eye doc aproves of these,bet your eye doc would too.
    • Posted

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your time and your suggestion. I will research it.

Good Luck to you!

• Posted

Sorry to hear about all of your troubles.

I used the Red Wet Ones ordered from amazon UK. I cut up each tissue into 5 strips and rubbed a seperate strip for each eye right into the Base of the eyelashes top and bottom. I did this morning and night for 3 months and it worked.

I hope this helps

Elaine

• Posted

To: JoJo,

Wet Ones appeared to be harsh for me as well as baby shampoo. I dilute One drop of baby shampoo and two drops on Tea Tree oil in a cup of distilled water. 

Warm compress and masaging eyelids is a must 2x a day. Also I almost don't have dryness due to Tranquil Eyes. You can get them from Amazon or Google.

• Posted

JoJo,

Regards for your MS, very dear co-worker had same and was heartbreaking to witness what he has gone/going thru...

Regarding Wetones. The key to the Wetones is the active agent which they embody: (Benzithonium Chloride) that is the Anti-Bacterial compound which will effectively kill the Bacteria, if that is indeed what has triggered your Bleph.

To quantify, I'm located in the U.S. and purchase the Red colored package which contains 20ea. wipes. They easily tear into whatever size strip you want, no need to use scissors making for  much easier handling for processing into strips as well as less, not having to remove wipe from packaging.   

Key to helping yourself is to set a regime and stick to it...Don't give up or lose hope . Modern Pharmaha its place, however, not necassarily all that is required! I

• Posted

Thanks for your helpful imforamtion and compassion, Craig. I really appreciate it!
  • Posted

JoJo,

Hope this post finds you well!

Wetones key ingredient is benzethonium Chloride.

I simply tear the strips by hand never having to physically remove the towelette from the package, thus keeping the integrity of the sheet, you can easily tear-off

any size of strip you prefer.

I am no longer dilluting the Tea Tree Oil.

I have taken an empty Eye dropper bottle and labeled:

XXX-NOT FOR EYES-XXX 

I now apply the Tea Tree Oil with my finger tip NON-DILLUTED

APPLICATION OF TEA TREE OIL:

THOROUGHLY CLEAN/SANITIZE HANDS

EXTRUDE ONE DROP OF OIL ONTO FINGER TIP

LET STAND FOR 30 SECONDS 

BEGIN TO APPLY TO LIDS FIRST

FINISH ENSURE EYE LIDS CLOSED AND GENTLY WIPE ACROSS LASHES

DO NOT APPLY TODIRECTLY TO MARGINS, BRUSH ACROSS LASHES

GO GENTLE, THERE IS A DELAY BEFORE YOU FEEL THE AFFECT

DELAYED REACTION, IF YOU HAVE ONE, FAN EYES WITH HAND OR RINSE WITH COLD WATER

I HAVE GOTTEN RESIDUAL AMOUNT IN EYE, ONCE, MY TEARS CLEARED, DID RINSE WITH COLD WATER.  

NO RESIDUAL VISION PROBLEM AFTERWORDS. THIS IS A PROCEDURE YOU PERFORM AT OWN RISK, MERELY SHARING WHAT I PERFORM DURING PROCESS OF APPLYING THE TEA TREE OIL

TEA TREE OIL WILL GIVE MUCH NEEDED OIL TO THE SKIN WHICH IS STRONGLY AFFECTED BY THE BENZETHONIUM CHLORIDE FOUND IN THE WETONE STRIPS

TEA TREE OIL HAS KNOWN MOISTERIZING CAPABILITIES, KNOWN TO BENIFIT YOUR SKIN WITH MOISTERIZING BENEFITS (IT WILL LEAVE YOUR SKIN FEELING SILKY SMOOTH) AS WELL AS, TOTAL KILL OF MITES, FLEAS, ARTHROPODS, ETC.

YOU ARE APPLYING THERAPUTIC TREATMENT/CARE  OF YOUR SOFT TISSUE IN TWO WAYS;DEMODEX IS REAL AND CAN CAUSE BLEPHARITIS AND ALL ASSOCIATED SYMPTOMS. THE DIRECT APPLICATION OF TEA TREE OIL IS ASSITING IN KILL OF DEMODEX, TEA TREE OIL HAS KNOWN MITE KILLING PROPERTIES. ALSO, RESTORING MUCH NEEDED MOISTURE TO SOFT TISSUE WHEN NEEDED AFTER USE OF WETONES AND THE KNOWN DRYING/DEHYDRATING AFFECT OF BENZETHONIUM CHLORIDE CONTAINED IN WETONES.

NOTE: BENZETHONIUM CHLORIDE IS AN OXIDANT, IT REACTS TO THE OXYGEN IN AIR AND ON YOUR SKIN, THIS IS WHAT CAUSES THE FLAKING YOU SEE. THIS FLAKING HAS BEEN DISCUSSED ON PREVIOUS POSTS. I WANTED READERS TO KNOW THAT WHAT THEY MIGHT THINK IS SLOUGHED SKIN, COULD ACTUALLY BE THE OXYDIZED RESIDUE OF THE BENZETHONIUM CHLORIDE FOUND IN THE SAID WETONES STRIPS USED AS AN ANTI-MICROBIAL WIPE.

ALSO UNDERSTAND THE FACT THAT BOTH OF THESE PRODUCTS WER NEVER INTENDED TO BE USED ON SOFT TISSUE SUCH AS THE EYELIDS. HOWEVER, FOR THOSE OF US WHO ARE AT THE POINT WE ARE HAVE REACHED IN OUR LACK OF RESULTS FROM CONVENTIONAL TREATMENT OPTIONS-PRESS ON WITH PRIDE. YOU SHOULD SEE POSITIVE RESULTS IF YOUR WILLING TO KEEP THE FAITH AND ENDEAVOR TO PERSERVERE. THIS WILL TAKE TIME AND EXTRAORDINARY EFFORT AND A BIT OF PAIN BUT YOU WILL SMILE WHEN YOUR EYES START TO REAP THE REWARDS.

To Close, my results have been amazing, I was getting discouraged but on the 12th day I felt and witnessed a dramatic change in both vision and reduction of inflammation that is marked. Swelling reduced by 70%. I went from having bags that were 1/2 inch belos orbital bone, now no sagging and the inflammation is above my orbital, now confined to socket area. Also, the lower eyelids went from symetrical to asymetrical, in the past two days. Proof that I have Positive, visible results. the inner lid area is no longer swollen to nose and outer is slowwly shrinking.

Appears that the inflammation is being relieved from the corners of eyes and migrating towards the middle where sagging and inflammation was below orbital and looked like 20 miles of Sahara desert walked boot leather. No longer is this the case. Lastly, I have not performed my treatment today and zero appreciatble inflammtion as compared to two days ago. Mereley experimenting today, will do full regime prior to bed tonight...

Wish everyone the best,

Sincerest and Kindest of regards, God Bless Ya!

I go!

Craig

• Posted

Craig,

You are a talented writer. So generous with time. I will  apply TEA TREE oil to my eyelids.

Heartfelt  thanks.

Rita

• Posted

Please look into the dangers of tea tree oil if not used correctly,i still sudgest using a patented wipe like Cleredex. Xx
    • Posted

Lee,

Hope you are doing well...

Thank you for the sage wisdom and providing the caveat cautioning all to inform themselves! Most Important!...

Poisons all: TTO, Benzethonium Chloride, Antihistamines, Antibiotics, Steroids, Baby Shampoo and Cleredex. All possess the cabability to do harm to the human condition, even kill. 

Food for thought...The black ravage of Staphylococcus or Methicillin Resitant Staphylococcus Aureus also does damage to the human host and most assuredly, kills! Subtly it robs your body of beauty, youth, the ability to think, breath, walk, eat, speak or work. It is known to rob the sight of eyes and can blur the lines of what is correct!

Be advised, the skin, which comprises your upper and lower eyelids is the exact same skin found south in your nether regions. Ouch... this skin will say if too much TTO oil is applied. Thus, at your own risk for the Ouch! However, TTO is to be applied topically and not ingested. Application to Dermus is not ingeston, simply and aptly, use caution to be very aware not to get in the naked eye, the eye will protest as well!... 

Benzethonium Chloride is not to be ingested nor allowed exposure to eyeball, if either of these poisons do find their way onto the naked eyeball, simply irragate while thinking that...MAN!... Fire is hot! Don't take me long to look at a Horseshoe! Bet you won't do that again, learn a correct method that includes not reaching the whites of own eyes and set your sights back on the enemies defeat and pray for Capitualtion...

Personally, I would far rather take my risks with TTO, Benzethonium Chloride and all the other poisons as opposed to Antbiotics. My body has endured too much in the name of murdering a bug, whole bunch actually!

I now have to deal with the Fungi aspect in the austere landscape of depleted Flora and all other, lack of, that is now rendered my intestines defenseless, scorched earth if you will, devoid of it's shining armor, where's my horse? 

It will take, literally, months to recover from the antibiotics. Last night I was driving home and had to pull over so I could throw up. The nausea is due to the new bacteria I'm having to ingest which, amounts to replenishing the dead soldiers belonging to 6th Regime (Flora), lost to 7th Army (Doxycycline Hyclate). The "Die-Off" has begun, nausea, fever, headaches... generally feel like my chute didn't deploy. Flora maintain and reinforce the battlefront known as Forward Fungi Control and the antibiotics sure did a bang-up with Shock and Awe!...Awe Man this is getting old!!! Hurts too!!!

Integrity, Honor and Pride!...Some of the few things in life that aren't neceassarily FREE but are afforded to us all, all who are willing to stand for what they believe in! If you maintain your own Health, care for your Heart and Mind others, these attributes, along with Faith, will nourish and carry the Spirit to a lush, fertile state. Body will follow!

Your state of mind will be the Cornerstone, a place to rest your body, black hole thoughts to imperically weigh the actions of your risk mangement. I was not seeing fruition of Positive results when dilluting the TTO, thus, I made an informed decision to up the concentrate, behold, I got some results that were amazing.

During the course of treating this malady, we are going to experiment... Pharma has failed us, Dr's are confused with little to no true understanding what their patient really needs, more importantly, what this disease does to the Spirit... I'd imagine if I were a Female, I would be more so devasted by the debilitation of Beauty! Don't know, just a SWAG...The innumberable Gold coins that have to be set aside to pay the Ferryman, countless hours of sanitation-Incessant to say the least.  

Me thinks there isn't enough discussion about what this disese does to the Psyche, regardless of how smart you are, alturistism will only carry this burden so far! You must have the where with all to step back and remember to take care of your own mental state. Depression, remorse, couple of good days, then a week of very bad ones. Don Quixote ain't got nothin on us Brother's and Sister's!

Keep reading, listening and Learning. Follow what your Brain Heart feels. Always remember, it's not the mistake, it's what you do with it. During this course of self medication you will have to work extremely hard and if your working, you will make mistakes. If you make a mistake, your obviously working. If you make no mistakes, your not working hard enough...My point being...There is no correct method for what we are all trying accomplish, it's what we individually arrive at, gleaning the positive results from a collective knowledge. Remember the bad and live with the good.This is as much a Spiritual Journey as it is a Physical manifestation. Righteous is simply what is right for You...

Sincerely and Kindest regards,

I go!

Craig

• Posted

Rita,

Good Morning!

That you much for the kind words, wish you the best!

Sincerely and Kindest Regards,

Craig

• Posted

GOD, you are prolific Craig. Thanks from all of us for your tons of information.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.