HELP with the wet ones process!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Like many my story is long and frustrating. I have Multiple Sclerosis with several disabling symptoms.

A year ago I was severely stressed out and developed facial rosacea and bleph w/ocular roscea.

I'll tell you what: my severe bleph symptoms have trumped all of my disabling

MS symptoms and I'm one miserable girl!

I won't go into all detail....

But after constant treatments, experiments and monthly optho appts I am still miserable, although 50% improved.

I had plugs put in my lower ducts which has helped quite a bit.

Currently on doxy low dose as anti-inflammatory,

1000 mg fishoil/omega 3, blood serum drops 4-6 times daily, sterile drops in between, cleanse with

ocusoft foam and wipes 2-3 times daily, Vaseline at night b4 bed.

I still have: dryness, stinging, itching and blurry vision off and on daily.

My vision changes every monthly appt so I can't get a prescription for glasses.

I have developed 2 corneas on left eye that can't be removed because of bleph, and I frequently can't drive or read.

I want to try the WetOnes, but I'm unclear on exactly which ones and how to apply.They have small ones

and larger ones. And a few different kinds. Can anyone tell me exactly which wetone product to try?

Do you just do the margins, can yo do the corners of the eyes? I have a hard time cleaning margins

W/O touching the corneas.is it o.k. to touch the eyeball just a little? Do you think they'll

affect my tear duct plugs?

Thanks to any and all that can help me out. I know my optho will not approve,

and I'm desparate, but don't want to cause further problems either!

2 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

One more Point of Interest.

I stated the fact that Tea Tree Oil is absorbed through the skin, however, you need to be aware that Benzethonium Chloride is NOT absorbed via the skin. This makes it imperative that you access and apply to top of margin, allowing for the penetration of active ingredient. This will also make necassary a higher frequency of applications and longer duration of treatment.

Apologize for some spelling errors in last post, written very quick due to prior 4 posts just vanished before my eyes! Has anyone else had this happen? Please give feedback. If no, then it's on my end.

Thanks and enjoy!

God Bless

• Posted

Thanks so much Craig....I don't recall from all of the posts I've read,

Did you have best results with Wet Ones or tee tree?

Also, I've had a couple of frustrating frustrating issues using this site.

It can 'flip' me around and I'll lose my place, and it won't take me where

I'm trying to go etc

Don't worry about typos, I just appreciate your time and feedback!

• Posted

Forgive MY typos that I just noticed! HaHaHa!
    • Posted

Forgive me for not understanding clearly, but are you saying you use

Both wet ones and then tto for the moisturising? If yes had far apart to you use each treatment?

Sorry for being pest!

• Posted

JoJo,

Go to the Blepharitis tab on the right, highlight and it will take you to the other group discussion. Lots of info there. That's how I gleaned my process, plus a lot of reading/research. I perform a Saltwater Eye Wash using an eye cuo. Then massage my lids to express the tear glands. Then directly proceed to the Wetones strips. Finish those and proceed to the TTO. Attack, attack, attack!

Go to the Tab and select, new discussion will load with several members-Good reading! Scroll down until you find 2WilliamSnow. Highlight his reply/Post, once his post is loaded, scroll down until you come to Craig6363N. I was rather wordy that night...Scroll down until you see my process.  Read all the Posts that interest you, some pretty cool info. Sure helped me- A LOT. Happy hunting

• Posted

Hi Craig! Thanks so much for all your helpful info! I really appreciate it.

Have a great weekend!

• Posted

JoJo,

Good Morning JoJo!

Most Welcome and you have a great weekend as well!

• Posted

JoJo,

?Good Morning...Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Just in case you weren't able to find my details on process, here it is.

(I try to use 4-6 hour Intervals)

Morning:

?Clean my eyes in shower using as warm of water as I can stand. This heats up my eyelids and allows me to express build-up in my tear glands.

I massage my eyelids very well.

?After shower, I use the wetones:

?Tear an approx. 3/8 inch strip from the wetone wipe, leaving the wipe in the package. I then fold this strip in half, tear and now have two sheets. One for each eye. You can wrap around your finger tip or fold-up and capture between two fingers and proceed to wipe. Take extra care to wipe up/down, left/right across the margins, ensuring you clean lashes well and of course, margins.

?Then apply TTO:

?(1 drop of TTO, 1/2 cup of water, 2-3 drops of baby shampoo)

Use cotton ball to apply.

?(1 drop of TTO, 2-3 drops of Baby Shampoo, a little water-Lather and wash eyes and face)

?Use whatever method preferred.

?I was using 1/2 cup water, 1 drop TTO and appllying with cotton ball. With the advent of finding the wetones on this site, I stopped the solution and cotton ball procedure and went straight to applying 1 drop of TTO to the tip of a sanatized finger, then apply to lids. Scrubbing became redundant.

Noon:

I perform an eyewash:

?I purchased an eye wash cup from Walgreens, came in a Bausch and Laumbe eye wash kit.

?Take 1/3 cup of water, approx. 1/2 teaspoon of salt (I'm not going to deliniate the diff in what Salts tout, be they Himalayin pink or Dead Sea) Nuke in Micro (Morton man, Morton). Let stand for a few minutes. Pour into eyewash cup. Let stand for a few minutes. Gauge the heat with hand, also when you put cup to eye, you can feel the heat. Your own discrection!

?Salt is common to the eye, used for anti-microbial, filming and comfort. The neat action that salt brings to bare on the heathen beast is acting as an explosive device, salt literally penetrates the cell walls of bacterium and robs them of water causing them to explode. Cool eh?

Rinse each eye for 5 minutes.

?Ensure you blink 100 times and mobilitate your eye, up/down, left/right. You will feel the solution permeating. The more salt concentration I used only caused some itching and a tiny sinsation of irritation. Nothing that caused any alarm. I heat the water for one minute so it will stay warm for the duration of 5 min's per eye. I use a plastic cup, don't recommend a glass cup due to glass having such poor heat conductive properties. Will stay hot for long while-Too hot!

?Afterwards, take care to massage the lids in the name of expression. 

Then apply the Wipes and TTO procedure.

?Evening:

Perform the Rinse, Wetones and TTO application.

Bedtime:

New twist. I love everything cocnut and so do my eyes!

?Was trying to figure a method to moisturize mine eyes, then it came to presence. I have been using coconut oil for years. During the performance of my Military antics I have eaten many a raw cocnut and drank the milk while rendering in the sun.

Research the bene's of cocunut-Antinflammatory/microbial/antiviral/fungi, the list goes...

?I use organic extra virgin unrefined for this procedure! Ready?....

?Pour the oil into the eye wash cup and soak mine own eyes! I do this for 5 minutes and perfrom a little clean-up, leaving as much on the lids and eyes as possible and then go to bed. This procedure leaves my vision a little blurry directly after the soak but clears-up quickly. I sleep and come morning, I have no associated problems. Yes, there are studies regarding the use of organic oils in eye drops, to include cocnut oil and yes, cocunut oil is used by natives in tropical regions, often!

It is a common source of medicinal purposed oil. The use of organic oils is being developed for opthamolic, yes, cocnut oil. To point, Glycerin has been used for decades regarding eyes-Glycerein comes from animal fat you say! If you are not comfortable with applying to naked eye, for sure use on posterier lid areas for the inflammation reduction, known cellular repair attributes and of course, moisturising the leather. Do what you will with this information. Inform yourself and wish you the best!

I go!

Have good day...

Sincerely,

?Craig

• Posted

Craig,

You are a superman of organization and humanity. Thank you.

• Posted

Craig, 

could you please give definition of eye margins?

Thank you again.

• Posted

Hi Craig, This site keeps kicking me out b4 I can complete my expression of

appreciation for your time in putting this info together. Many, many thanks!

• Posted

To all,

When you massage eyelids do you  guys rolleyessee or feel any discharge from those mebomonal glands. I get nothing.

• Posted

I can't see the clogged glands at all, but my vision is so blurry from

this, that I can't see a lot of things. I can't drive a lot of the times!

• Posted

Me too,mine varies daily,but my vision is filmy or blurry daily
    • Posted

Me too. My left eye is always the worst. My vision tests change monthly

So I can't get a prescription for glasses. I have never worn glasses

Except reading glasses. I can't wear those now because left eye vision

is so much worse than right. I also developed (since bleph) cataracts in left eye that they

can't remove because the procedure exacerbates the bleph

• Posted

Hey y'all,

?Funny, my left eye used to be my worst, happens to be my dominant eye as well. Now my right eye is the more bothersome. Left eye is doing really well at this point.

Answering questions:

?The Margin of eyelid is the area of lid where your eyelashes are found, also where the ducts are for your tear glands. Strewn throughout you lids, if I remember correctly, there are nine tear glands-Do't quote me.That is the area where the majority of the Bleph problems manifest themselves. Problems occur due to drying out which is directly related to being clogged. They pass your bodies natural fat/lipids and fluid aiding in lubrication, moisture and film forming as protectant of the eye. Your eye actually lives and exposed to quite the hostile enevironment.

?Yes, I can feel when I express my glands, kinda feels like something touching your eye, not in an unpleasant way, just a bit of pressure and can feel the touch of the expressed substance-Ever so slight.

?The best way to express/massage your lower eyelids is to place your Index fingers above above your eyebrows to your forehead and use your forefingers to lightly stroke/masssage from an outside inward movement. Helps if there is a bit of wetting or lubrication on lids so the excess skin doesn't wrinkle-up and hender your massaging. If you are properly massaging and the passages are open, you will feel the expressed fluid in both the eye and running down you throat. What I feel in my eye is primarily subject to the interior part of the eyeball nearest nose. It is sometimes manifested as a little cloudy substance i can notice in my vision. Work with the massaging and after a while, you will recognise the tactile ques I just mentioned. When I first began this healing process, mine were clogged. Took a few days of the warm water and rinsing/washing to clear them.

Regarding the blurred vision...Mine was horrible, like you two-Lee included, I was having a terrible time driving, couldn't read signs or any wording on the TV. The only thing I found that really helped with the blurred vision was/is the eyewashes. Helped so much! I've noticed that one positive effect of the coconut oil is a prolonged non-blurring of eyesight. I should not have said that the coconut oil leaves my vision blurry, it doesn't. It leaves my vision a little cloudy, not blurred. However, upon rising in the am, I shower and clean eyes, vision is not blurred. In fact, the blurred vision is not problematic since I've been performing saltwater rinse. The need for lubricating Tears has greatly subsided as well! I just went back in my memory banks, scary, I did not use my eyedrops today or yesterday. Normally religious with those. 

?Set your regime, stick to it...Results will be forthcoming and hopefully in a few weeks, you will begin to smile in the mirror, inside as well!..

?Thank you for again, the kind words. Helps me to know I'm not alone in this battle and always in the naming of helping one another get past this point in our health. I don't believe in words like can't, couldn't, shouldn't, because all those words never would or could see positive results. I prefer, can and will. Positively is the rule! 

Take care, kindest of regards,

I go

God Bless!

Craig

• Posted

Rita,

So sorry, forgot to use your name in rply to JoJo...

​Margins are where your eyelashes are located, basically the top of your lower eyelids and converese of your uppers!

Read my reply to JoJo...

Take care and kind regards Rita,

​God Bless,

Craig

• Posted

I have mild cataracts have never had any problems mentioned to me about having catarct surgery. You only have one cataract per eye. You might need another opinion on that one.
    • Posted

Lee,

?I'm curious about why your Dr. mentioned Demodex. Does he think that your Bleph is related to Demodex? My Dr. wouldn't commit either way...Dr's seem to be dimissive about Demodex whenever I inquire.

Thanks much and kind regards,

?Craig

• Posted

Hi,he said a high powered microscope is needed to really diagnose it as a caus,they dont have one,up until a month ago i mentioned it as something to try,the last visit he though he saw a few lashs with the crust on the lash that could be demodex. If it is caused by it would be pretty significant,i still havnt tryed the Cleridex wipes that he spefically mentioned. They get good reviews,but guess they can burn like heck.
    • Posted

Thanks for getting back...

?I too have been wondering if Demodex plays a part in the problems I've been having. I completly agree, if Demodex were part of the equation, it would be very significant. Both my Opth and Primary care really didn't pay much attention to my concerns regarding the subject. To my eye, the cylindrical crust I had on my eye lashes and the distorted growth, along with missing eyelashes is what lead me to consider the Demodex. I also have the scarring on my left lower margin, a fairly significant amount. Did you say that the wipes have TTO in them? I read a study where they used to groups, one used TTO and the other used petroleum jelly. The kill of the Demodex was mixed, however, in the ened, the petroleum jelly killed 10% more as counted from pulling eyelashes from each group and counting the amount of Demo, both prior to and after the two week control applications. It was very interesting reading. I have not used petroleum jelly, the study indicated that the way the jelly works is by suffication and thus inhibiting the reproduction cycle.  I will be cutting back on the TTO amount when I get my right eye to respond in the manner my left one has. I don't dismiss any avenue regarding treating Bleph. Are you allowed to apply the Cleridex wipes to the margin? 

Most appreciate your Feedback Lee...

• Posted

I think so,they are sold on Amazon in the U.S. It will tell all you need to know,plus user reviews.Xx
    • Posted

Craig,  

the most amazing part of your input is starting massage above eyebrows with our index finger...I do massage 2 times a day after very warm compress counting to 30 both upper and lower eyelids.  Never observed any discharge or liquid formation. Will definitely follow your advice.

Thank you again. Aren't we lucky to have time to get into details. POSITIVE THINKING. smilelol

• Posted

Dear JoJo,

I struggle with pinching grittiness in my eyes but can't imagine the suffering of people who can't drive because of blurred vision. I hope you will heal ASAP

• Posted

Cleridex has been very iritating too strong for my eyelids.
    • Posted

Craig,

What is your solution of salt water?  I understand you try not to let this salt water  get on the eyeball. It's only for eyelids. Right?

PS Your advice to massage area above the eyebrows WORKS! 

Many thanks 

• Posted

The glands associate with the water are just below the eyebrows on the lid.
    • Posted

Thank you Rita for your compassion... I feel it! Thanks to everyone

responding to me with their personal experiences and compassion and time!

It is really helping me decide which route I'm going to next, and I'm ACTU

feeling some hope for a successful procedure.. Updates to come!

This disorder/disease has really thrown me into a whole different world,

having to deal with all of my MS disabilities on top of it!

Bless you all💜

• Posted

I have been keeping a list of everyone's suggestions, and Craig's salt

water solution was also a question for me...

• Posted

Aww its a daily up and down struggle,hugs to you!
    • Posted

Hi Lee! I think you my be onto something valid. I get yearly brain and

spine MRI for my MS. My MS neurologist only pays attention to the new lesions

on my brain and spine, which indicates the progression of my MS.

My last MRI report ( that I always have them copy me in on) in January showed

an indication of sinus infection in my left sinus, which is my worst eye.

It said it could be related to a recent serious sinus infection, which I did have in November. I also had a serious ear infection at that time.

I had Bleph diagnosed 5 months earlier, so I didn't think it could be related.

But you are correct, they are all connected ( ear, eyes nose and throat) and certainly worthy of considering.

I was considering going to an ENT Dr. because the same MRI said I had nodules on my thyroid, which I had

Biopsied and were benign, but 6 month follow ups are required.

Hmmmmm.....very interesting point that you have subtly brought up more

than once. Definitely worth serious consideration. Geeeeeez am I totally diseased throughout???? Did you check

into your theory? Any conclusions or positive results?

God's spirit is within you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.