Help Worsening depression and suicidal thoughts

Posted , 6 users are following.

I started 10 mg of celexa on november 17th I woke up this morning with suicidal thoughts and deoression. I was put on it for generalized anxiety disorder, ptsd and ocd (pure O). I only get bad anxiety when something traumatic happens in my life and it takes me a couple months to get back to myself well i decided to try medication this time around i feel it is making me worse. I need to get off this medication. Any help please i have never felt like this before and scared to death as i have 3 xhildren to care for ..

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Maybe if you are sensitive instead of going from 10 to 20 you could split pills into halves or quarters and do 12.5 or 15 mg!Some docs will wean you up slowly if you are sensitive!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.