Helps 11.25 mg Mirtazapine against anxiety?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, i am from Holland and found this forum.

I am suffering from anxiety en tried many adds, nothing helps, i was going sky high.

Now i am taking Mirtazapine and have tried it in diferent doses.

30 mg was too much and 15 mg too, i would sleeping al day.

And 15 mg makes me angry en depressive.

Now i am on 7.50 mg and my sleep is good but after one hour the anxiety comes back and i can do nothing, have diazepam four times a day 5 mg.

Is there someone who takes 11.25 mg that helpes against anxiety?

I have been dealing with it for 4 years now.

Thank you very much.

4 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Karin039

Sorry for your suffering.  Just wanted to add that the lower doses of Mirtazapine are more sedating, some people find 7.5 mg is more sedating than 15 mg.  Also, swapping the doses may make you even more anxious especially for the first week or 10 days, so don't go up and down on the doses, just stick at the same dose.  I think you will find 11.25 mg works against anxiety very well, even 7.5 mg works well.  

I hope you find the right medicine for you.  Best wishes. 

• Posted

Hello  Calmer,

Thank  you.

Yes i know that the lower the dose is how more sedating. It´s rare i have tried 30mg in the beginning, the dr gave it to me because i was in panic about another ssri.

I could do nothing and was hanging on the chair al day.

15 mg makes me to drowsy to and angry and depressiv.

Now by 7.5 mg my head has been more cleared and i am able to walk again and willing things to do, that was not by taken 15 mg, then i cared for nothing, the whole world was black in my head.

I have been making the mistake in 2015 to go up en down the dose so often that i didn´t know what works for me. Now i am trying to stick with 7.5 mg because it feels a little better.

I have tried 30 mg 6 weeks.

So when 7.5 is not working enough after a while i can always try 11.25 mg.

The time must do itsmile

I see your name and have read things from you the past year when i was lurking herebiggrin

Thank you Calmer for your reply.

• Posted

Good luck Karin, the 7.5mg is good for sleep, definately the best dose (for me) for sleep, and for me personally more sedating than 15mg, or 11.25, even now I am at 4.2 mg I am sedated after taking my Mirt' 20 hours ago (last night) !  

• Posted

So you have found your right dose?

Or are you going of Mirt?

So that is also an option for me to go down with the Mirt in time.

That´s a long time 20 hours.

Thank you for sharing this, i will keep it in mind.

• Posted

Calmer one more question.

Do you have liquite Mirt?

Because you are taking 4.2 and my pills can not be broken in that.

• Posted

Yes I am tapering off Mirt now, very slowly.  And yes I have liquid Mirt' ~ it is available here in the UK, not sure if it is available there, youu will have to enquire.  If not, enquire is Mirtazapine Sol Tabs are available, they dissolve on your tongue, but can be dissolved in water and then with a measured syringe, can be broken down into smaller doses.

• Posted

Oke, i did not know.

Liquid Mirt we do not have here.

The Sol Tabs are available here too, then i must ask my dr to prescripe me.

I shall keep it in mind.

I have read about the syringe in 2015 here.

I have been looking how you are doing that and it seems easy to do.

Thank you Calmer for your answer and also good luck with withdrawal.

• Posted

Thank you Karin, Betsy uses the Sol Tabs, credit to her for this advice:  Sol Tabs dissolve readily in water but it does settle, she uses half water & half Ora-Plus suspension liquid (from Amazon) the latter keeps the Mirt suspended long enough to dose accurately.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Thanks for your advice Calmer.

I keep it also in my mind.

• Posted

Hello Calmer,

I have one question for yousmile

I have been surching here on the forum but can not find it anymore.

When you do your next taper, what day usually you got tired? Was this day 4 or 5?

I hope you will respond mesmile

Thanks.

• Posted

Hi Karin

After a drop in dose I usually get fatigue around about day 5 for a few days, different people might get this, some might not ... 

This lasts for 3 or 4 days then I feel a little low for a couple of days and then I feel great - then I start it all again, doing a slow taper (5% every 2 weeks).

Best wishes Karin, hope your taper is going well?  

• Posted

Hi Calmer,

Oke, it is my 4 day from dropping from 15 to 11.25 mg and the tiredness is comming in, so that is almost the same as you have. I don´t know for how long, i hope also a few days of course.

Yes i know that you are on a slow taper and that it is going very well for you. That´s splendid, if i spell ik correctlysmile

I was surching for this answer of you but could not find it.

I had to reistate 15 mg before going to 11.15 mg. I hope that it soon stabilise and that it do what it must do, keep the anxiety away and more energy, 15 mg messes with my head and body the whole day and i got depressive and angry on it.

Calmer i can not thank you enough for reply my question, you are the best.

Best wishes from me.

• Posted

Just happy to help anyone along their Mirtazapine journey up or down smile  

Best wishes to you Karin x

• Posted

I was also in mitarzapine, had terrible anxiety and panic attacks, bad depression and all the "normal simptoms" related to anxiety and depresion but today I am FREE, I havent felt so well before, I stop taking Mitarzapine after a year on it (very slowly) but I also worked on myself, I am convinced we are the ones causing our own anxiety and fear and only you can cure yourself. I bought the book "The feeling great hanbook" by David Burns and it helped me tremendenly, I did all the exercises the way he sugggest and worked on myself every day for at least one hour, I also follow some other guides I found online and started practicing mindulness and meditations. Meds do not cure, only disguise the simptoms but once you are off them if you havent worked on yourself it comes back. 

It is really up to you to heal all those emotions you never gave you the change to express and show, all that anger, sadness, etc that you have been keeping because, lets face it, that what we were taught.... 

It took me 3 months of hard work on myself to see changes, after 5 months of hard work on myself my enxiety and depression went away and now I am more open, I express more, it's ok to feel and to show it, think about it, there is something the anxiety is trying to tell you, you need to listen and not to try to take it away with medicine, because it will never go away that way....

Wish you all the best!

• Posted

Hello Monica,

First, you have totally right about everithing you saysmile

I agree with you.

The sentence that what we were thaught is a pretty good one, so it is. especially for woman, they must be nice and good and not angry.

I have learnt that that is not the way to live.

The book you recommended is in English and for me to difficult to read, maybe it´s also in Dutch version, i shall look at that here in Holland.

I know what my problem is, it´s menopause and with al the symptons i got hypochondria. And i have too many stress the past years from my family.

And I have too much on my shoulders taken at home, have everything done at home even though my husband became unemployed  it was all the way a bit too much. Now I take it easy and my husband takes over from me. I am also an hsp ( high sensitive person) and catch much, loud noises are terrible for me, many people together and people have nothing to say and I know what they mean by the expression on a face or gesture , it's hard to deal with that.

So i need more time for yourself to recover from all these impressions. But I'll remember what you said and take it with me.

Now i am doubting what to do, i haven been on 7.5 mg for more than two weeks. I must decide to night if i am going to 3.75 or 11.25 mg, i think i need it for a while and work for my self so as you did, i have been already bizzy with that.

Thanks  for your answer and good advise.

I also wish you the best.

Some things i have translated with google, i hope it is understandeblesmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.