Helps 11.25 mg Mirtazapine against anxiety?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, i am from Holland and found this forum.

I am suffering from anxiety en tried many adds, nothing helps, i was going sky high.

Now i am taking Mirtazapine and have tried it in diferent doses.

30 mg was too much and 15 mg too, i would sleeping al day.

And 15 mg makes me angry en depressive.

Now i am on 7.50 mg and my sleep is good but after one hour the anxiety comes back and i can do nothing, have diazepam four times a day 5 mg.

Is there someone who takes 11.25 mg that helpes against anxiety?

I have been dealing with it for 4 years now.

Thank you very much.

4 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

So i am 3 weeks in to 7.5 mg Mirtazapine and there is a litlle bit of a change, not much.

I can´t do a little a day, my husband is taking care of the household.

I really want to stuck with it but it is so diffecult, every day is a survival.

My arms and legs are so heavy and my head is in a fog al day.

I can´t realy think anymore and i am very forgetfull.

I don´t know what to do, stick with it til about 4 or 5 weeks or taper?

• Posted

Hi karin

It sounds to me that with all that upping and downing the mirt some of the symptoms you are experiencing could be down to that

Why have you got to make your mind up now what to do with your dose? We should give a good 6 weeks on a dose before we can make a sound judgment on the effect they are having on us.

I feel for you it is so confusing starting a new med.

Give yourself a chance to settle and do it in your own time.

Goid luck with it all

S x

• Posted

Hello Suzanna,

Yes i know i am doing that and i hate it that i am doing that.

It is so a long time to wait till it kicks in or not.

I am already a year on and of ads.

I thought i shall asked here for one time againbiggrin what to do.

I shall try till the 6 weeks are over.

I want to say more but it is so difficult to speak in English and to find the right words.

Thanks Suzannah for your reply, i apriciate it very.

• Posted

Woah, I had the exact same thing as you. I started getting angry and depressive on 15mg. I have somesort of mixed depressive anxious disorder which I think can sometimes be harder to treat.

Given the similarity, I'd suggest switching to venlafaxine (effexor) if you haven't tried it already. It's literally the only thing that's worked for me out of half a dozen antidepressants. It's got a notorious reputation for it's side effects and it will eventually poop out - but it kicks depression and anxiety hard (like having a good drink and having all your problems float away - but all the time). The only problem is that it comes with; sleepiness, malaise and a sense of disconnection but so does mirtazapine (and most antidepressants really). Though it's the only one I've felt HAPPY, content on - your results may vary. I found it also generally worsens IBS and causes sexual 'issues' but it's damn good for depression and anxiety. Just a pain when it stops working.

Hang in there. Never tried benzos but damn, the agitation I'm facing after quitting mirtazapine is intense - I wouldn't say no to them.

• Posted

Hello Chris,

I have also a mix of anxious and depressiv order, but i think the depressiv order has begun with the beginning of setraline last year in februari, six weeks long and i got mad of that, so the gave me Mirt 30 mg.

No i have not tried Venlafaxine. I have bin on Zoloft and also Cipramil drops. But the same effect as Setraline.

Ha ha, i know what you mean bij drinkingsmile

I have quite now with drinking for the last year.

Has it pooped out with you, the Venlafaxine?

Mirt gave you also sleepiness and disconnection i know, it is not a good feeling. The sexual issues is not a problem for me because i have my menopause and that causes also sexual issues, i am used to itsmile

I did better on benzo´s alone without an ad. But now i am stick with it, had i known before i had never taken it.

I keep it in mind the Venlafaxine en you also hang in there.

Thanks Chris for your answer, now i know that i am not the only one who got angry and depressiv from 15 mg of Mirt.

This evening there is a program on Dutch t.v. involving the pro´s and gons of ad´s. They try to make people aware of the fact that ad´s may cause suicides and or agrassiv behaviour, so i will go to see that.

Damn, it is so really hard to speak in English what i have been thinkingbiggrin I hope you will understand what i am saying above.

• Posted

I forgot something, i have also burning feed.
  • Posted

Monday i have installeted 15 mg of Mirt again because 7.5 mg for four weeks i get to tired trough out the day and my legs are wobbeling and shaky all over my body. I tapered but was not better.

So now i am very tence and shaky and irritated, i can not do much, is this normal?

• Posted

the shakiness dit wore off a bit and i stand more steady on my feed.

Have a little more energy.

I went to the psychologist and told my life story, my husband was going with me.

So now she must give the story to the psychiatrist and in about two weeks i have an appointment there and see what is best to do.

She was the one who said that i could stop direct with 15 mg of Mirt. Yeh sure, she has not the experience beiing on a ad and tapering.

• Posted

There is a forum that is dedicated to mirtazapine only
    • Posted

Sorry I was just a bit confused because I dont get alerts for the mirtazapine posts ut yours came through must just be a glichcool
    • Posted

No problemsmile

I thought maybe i was confused through the Mirt because it cause short memory losssmile

• Posted

Yeah sweet I know I was on it for 6 years but it stopped working in December I am so glad Im off it
    • Posted

You´re also had loss of memory from Mirt.

I truly believe that you are glad to be of of Mirt, it causes so many problems that i had not before. I am seeking the right dose for me, but i am not going up and down so often as i did in 2015, i have learnt that heresmile

But i think i need it for a while.

I wish you the best.

• Posted

Hello againsmile

Has anyone restless arms on Mirtazapine?

Restless legs i also know in the beginning.

But my arms are also restless and muscle contractions in my arms.

Anyone?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.