Hemorrhoidectomy surgery recovery

Posted , 9 users are following.

Im having a painful recovery after 2 rectal surgeries in 2 months to remove fissure, hemorrhoid and thrombosis.  Anyone have a similar surgery? It’s debilitating and painful as expected. I know it will take more time and am doing everything I can to heal properly. Patience required.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i,m doing super  i had my done 8 weeks ago and doing awsome   i,m doing things now i could not before  and doing great
    • Posted

Glad you you had a successful recovery.

I hope to be doing as well as you soon!

-Greg

• Posted

My dad too had similar experiences, the reason was that he had his surgery from sub standard doctor who used ages old method of surgery which he might have studied when he went to medical school 30 yrs back. But good quality laxative (movicol) helped along with betadine baths and anal plugs. Eventually after about 3 months, it healed but still after 2 yre he is careful about his eating habits etc
    • Posted

I’m confident in my surgeon. Complications required a second surgery which has made the recovery longer than expected. I have changed my diet considerably to promote healthy digestion and elimination.

Thanks for writing to me.

-Greg

• Posted

Yes I had the same surgery back in March 2018. The first two weeks was painful even tho I was taking stool softeners. I couldn't sit for about 3 weeks. It's now been 5 mths now and all is great. I still drink one dose a day of Miralax to keep things soft. Life is great no more pain. Surgery was worth the two weeks of recovery. Good luck best wishes. I'm glad I had the surgery.

• Posted

Thank you for the encouragement.

I hope I’m doing as well as you soon.

I have confidence in my ability to heal. Proper rest and a clean diet are helping. Still a roller coaster of symptoms. Good days, bad days. Such is life. Better days ahead. 

-Greg

• Posted

Im scared to go thru it. I am losing blood from my anus. They cant find any other reason why im losing blood, so they are are assuming its from hemorrhoids. My hemoglobin would go from 12.3 to 4.1 at 4.1 j should be in organ failure but i was up walking talking just pale.
    • Posted

It is scary but I hope you find the strength to find the source of the problem.  I was told twice that the only way to really find out what is going on in there is to have an examination under general anathesia. They found more than they initially thought. Then there were complications and I had to go in for a second surgery. I hope you have found a Dr. who you are comfortable with and who will answer ALL of your questions! Hang in there, good luck to you. It will get better.
  • Posted

Yes i too had similar surgery. I am still having pain near anus
    • Posted

I hope you feel better in time.

I’m getting better slowly but have set backs and get discouraged. One day at a time and we will be better than before.

Thanks.

• Posted

Hi Greg

so sorry to hear your still in such pain. has your hospital given you adequate pain relief as you may need to

consider an upgrade. i have had two STARR procedures, banding ( very painful) and a Hemorrhoidectomy

over the past 5 years. Oromorph was prescribed for me. also ask for Anusol HC. the hydrocortisone works

much better than the standard Anusol. hang in there it will get easier bud.

Dale.

• Posted

Thank you Dale, I appreciate your words of encouragement. I do have a good HC ointment with Proxamine for pain. I take a pain med as needed but try to avoid constipation. I know this will take time.

Some days I feel like I’m on the mend and it’s getting much better and then I have a setback with swelling and pain from BM’s. Thanks for writing, it helps a lot.

-Greg

• Posted

i,m doing great     i,m all heal up and doing very well.  for you   i don,t know who your doctor is   but my doctor has done people all over the midwest
    • Posted

Thank you Thomas. Glad you are doing well. I have confidence in my surgeon. 

The healing process is challenging.

I hope to be doing as well as you soon.

• Posted

I am 8 weeks post op.  The first month is pretty lousy overall, especially the first week which is dreadful.  I am essentially back to normal now.  I do not recommend this procedure to anyone except as a last resort.
    • Posted

Thank you Jane. I’m still in the lousy first month. I know it will get better. It is a brutal last resort procedure for sure but I hope in time I will be much better off than I was before. So much pain for many years of hemorrhoids. I look forward to a month from now when I’m feeling much better.

-Greg

• Posted

Yes it will get better even though the light at the end of the tunnel takes a little while to appear.  I wrote a detailed day by day chronicle over the first month post op under another thread started by Gee.  I wish you the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.