Hemorrhoidectomy surgery recovery

Posted , 9 users are following.

Im having a painful recovery after 2 rectal surgeries in 2 months to remove fissure, hemorrhoid and thrombosis.  Anyone have a similar surgery? It’s debilitating and painful as expected. I know it will take more time and am doing everything I can to heal properly. Patience required.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

trust me you wont be a  pain in the butt no more
  • Posted

Yep a year and a half ago. Best decision of my life would do it 100 times over! 
  • Posted

are you taking  baths?  are you drinking alot of water, and eatting fruit?   are you using ice down there.. thathelps alot.         i,m doing great   awsome        let me know what your doing ok.  but i would ice it alot 
    • Posted

Yes, lots of water and fruits and veg. Metamucil and mineral oil 2x daily to ease elimination. Baths and ice packs to reduce swelling, heating pad to encourage blood flow and healing.

AnalPram ointment after thorough cleaning and place a sterile gauze sponges on area to keep clean and absorb drainage.  Thanks Thomas!

• Posted

you should feel great in 2 weeks  it wont take long.  but your going too itch alot  soon  which is good  . make sure your doing alot of walking. i mean alot of walking that helps alot and healing fast  
  • Posted

Getting the same exact thing done tomorrow. It's sounding like I will be multiple procedures as well. 

Hang in there and be glad you're not just starting this journey like I am! 

• Posted

Good luck on your procedure.  Be patient and do all the post op instructions diligently. Drink LOTS of water.  Fresh fruit and vegetables. Fresh fruit smoothies are great. My doc said

1 tablespoon of mineral oil in AM & PM

And 1 tablespoon of fiber supplement in AM and PM (Metamucil). Keep area clean. Shower of after BM’s, do not rub area. Apply AnalParam HC ointment if available. Cover lightly with sterile gauze sponge.

Ibuprofen is good for pain and inflammation, RX pain pills will have a constipating effect and that is NO FUN!

Let me know how you are doing and if you need any support or info. I’m four weeks out of surgery number 2 and am still in recovery mode. Some people are better in 2 weeks, others take months. Every procedure is different depending what is found and how your body reacts to the procedure(s). Be patient. Take it easy. Heal well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.