hemorrhoids, Fissure? Getting a bit scared, can anyone help?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm a 50 year old male, fit, active, in good shape and I've been suffering with hemorrhoids for about 4 weeks. However in the last 10 days or so I've been suffering the most debilitating and excruciating pain, it's ruling my life, I can't work, can't make arrangements to see people because of these waves of pain that are close to making me weep. Previously I'd tried all the hemorrhoid medicines on the market (and I mean all!). Just over a week ago I saw my G.P. who told me he thought the piles didn't look so bad and he couldn't see anything else, I tried to explain the level of pain I was in and I explained that it was hurting me to poop in the morning so he said "although I can't see anything let's treat it as a fissure". He prescribed me Glyceryl Trinitrate which when I apply it maks the pain far, far worse. For over a week I have been taking baths and adding coconut oil which I read can help but things don't seem to be improving. Since I saw the doctor I inspected myself more clearly in the precise area where the pain felt like it was coming from and found this (what I can only describe as) very strange bright red tiny vein like thing. I basically know this is where the pain is coming from (the doctor hadn't spotted it). I'm now worried that it isn't a fissure at all but something more serious. I've uploaded a photo (yes, I'm that desperate), apologies if that's not appropriate on the forum but I really need some advice as this is ruining my life!

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

David, you can message me by clicking on the envelope by my avatar while your reply’s being moderated.

• Posted

what was the outcome? how long did it take you to get your life back? I'm in the same boat !

• Posted

looking at your pic that's exactly where mine is..so much pain..and gooling symptoms has made me worse as I could have all sorts. Praying for a quick heal although om on week 3 now 😣

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.