Here for any guys needing support

Posted , 6 users are following.

Many of you have talked to me before im a 35 year old male living in Belfast and I was diagnosed with LS over a year ago and my foreskin is now back to almost normality , anyone needing any support feel free to get in touch

Eamonn

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Very happy for you Eamonn.

Being a woman, i am curious what causes you to have a flare up?

• Posted

i wish i knew what caused it to flare but to be honest ive been lucky with flareups at its worse the whole underside of my foreskin was scar tissue

• Posted

When you say scar tissue "was" on the underside of your penis, are you saying that the tissue has healed or did you have surgery to remove it?

• Posted

hello Eamonn, do share, what miracle drug did you use? i am a woman and have had this problem for over 9 months now. No recovery in sight, any help most appreciated.

• Posted

no miracle drug unfortunately Patricia, i was misdiagnosed for over two years which caused the whole symptoms to get much worse. what i did that seems to work for me was to try and watch my sugar intake, ive been having Himalayan pink salt baths a few times a week and drug wise, cetraban as a barrier cream, washing with dermol lotion and now down to twice a week application of dermovate ointment . Hope that somewhat helps

• Posted

Eamonn, I have been searching the Internet for a male forum on LS. My husband (age 38) has been experiencing symptoms for a year now and after going to dermatologists and allergist and two urologist has was diagnosed by the second urologist. He has swelling and scare tissue and is circumcised . The doctor prescribed a steroid cream that was prescribed a few months ago by the dermatologist who told him to only use it for a week twice a day. Obviously didn’t do too much to help. His new urologist told him to use the cream every day twice a day liberally for two months and then we will go back to see him. I am seeing others talking about Manuka (sp?) honey and things they have used that help. We are desperate to get our sex life back to where is was and avoid any further complications . Sorry if this is TMI. Any and all advice you might have would be greatly appreciated. Could you also point us towards a forum specifically for males with LS ? would love to hear your story. Needing some help and encouragement.

• Posted

Wow. So many typos and spelling mistakes in my post. So sorry! haha

• Posted

Hi Britbeth, I can fully understand that the two of you are desperate to get things back as they were before, but as I explained on the Male Forum on this site, the fundamental is getting the correct healing process in place first, then you have a strong 'platform' or basis of much healthier skin on which to build from.

Unfortunately, the healing process takes time - this means a bare minimum of anywhere of 5 months and onwards, once the correct treatment regime is in place. Essentially, don't see the likes of Manuka Honey as a 'quick fix' - as, as I have mentioned - and certainly if you read the Forums here, what works for one person, can cause a raging flare-up for another person!!! This is why getting the correct Steroidal treatment working as best it can is essential.

I do not know what Eamonn would suggest about your remark to me about the surgery you mentioned. I see from the post here that your husband is circumcised. Do you know that the Medical Professional generally recommends circumcision for men with LS as a 'so called cure'?

Therefore, was your husbands circumcision done relatively recently?

• Posted

Hi Eamonn, I am a male who was diagnosed with LS almost 8 years ago. Just checking, but are you aware of the posts by Nancy KB on here? In particular, her post on 'Route into LS and the Protocol for dealing with LS'?

It has been mentioned by other males on here about starting a Forum, potentially on the "Penis Disorders" part of this web site, is this something you have considered either setting up, or being part of on a regular basis? I mentioned Nancy KB because, obviously, this would be one of the main potential resources a Male Specific Forum could draw on as a resource to give fellow suffers a basis on which to work from.

What do you think ..... ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.