Here i am again!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, im new to this site and just want to say the help is out there!! I am currently on 4mg of BUPRONORPHINE i have been on this for almost 5 months after severe addiction to codeine!! the nightmare of addiction is the constant fear of running out of tablets the onset of withdrawls, tje shame & guilt and the stress trying to pretend u are "normal" but it is life changing if u have a good gp like i do!! I went to my gp who was prescribing me 8 dihydracodeine for my addiction until i got to a place called LAADS they are amazing the only nightmare is i had to be in withdrawel before starting this medication BUPRONORPHINE i saw a nurse and addiction Doctor who explained everything to me i was told to take no more codeine that day and my appointment was for the following morning!! so after an uncomfertable night with withdrawls kicking in i dragged myself to my appointment the next morning, i was so scared and very anxious not to mention ill with withdrawls BUT!!! i started on the meds and never looked back!! it worked within minutes and im off opiates nearly 6 months!! anyone can do it i promise its so worth it! i have my life back and i can tell u not having to panic every day about getting the codeine tablets is only 1 of the best feelings. Please feel free to ask any questions as i am only too happy to help if i can x

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi I'm a user here thought I'd drop by .

I've been herion opiates free for 17 years 2002 I stopped ive never used again .

unfortunately I'm still on subutex 8mg the dose has gone up and down over the years.

subutex feels normal where methadone you know your on it ( I hate methadone )

I'm currently reducing my subutex by 0.4mg a month I've halved my dose from 20mg to 8mg so far in 9 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.