Here I am again!!!! I have a question.

Posted , 15 users are following.

It seems I've been on here a lot lately. I know a lot of you ladies have spoken about waking up depressed, low mood, dark thoughts, feeling like you're in flight or mode etc. But it seems to get better as the day goes on. One of the ladies did explain that cortisol is higher in the morning and may be the reason for the terrible feelings and it lowers throughout the day so we feel better later in the day.

?BUT, has anyone woke up terrified? I mean literally afraid to get out of bed? That happened to me this morning. I have had many mornings(who am kidding, that's most mornings) where I didn't  feel like getting out of bed, but being scared to get out of bed is a new one. Then I cried on the way to work.  My health anxiety is also bad again. Are any of you afraid you are dying of something and you won't be able to live out your dreams and goals(whatever they are,  everyone has different dreams and goals some of mine are marriage, traveling, long healthy retirement, long life, and health for family).

?I pray, exercise, drink plenty of water, take a good multivitamin, magnesium, fish oil, D3. I take a mild antidepressant(it's a SNRI, not a SSRI because the side effects are so nasty). I have Valium, but don't take it very often because I don't want to get addicted(they're like my security blanket in case of the really bad days and believe it or not I didn't take any today lol). Honestly I wonder how I would cope if I wasn't doing the few things I am doing to feel better. I don't think I've ever talked to God so much or been closer to him.

5 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Y'ALLS have a southern accent, yep the men's like the southern belles.   biggrin

There is a lady also who started working where im at and she came from N Carolina and really has no accent, and she grew up in Atlanta, so go figure.

Yes the tomatoes have to be grown from your own garden, tomatoes do really well in Washington.

Thanks for being here ladies

xoxoxoox

• Posted

Hi there Juanita

and hope your 4th was nice and mellow? I forgot to ask your age and what SNRI you are taking? Im 54 next month and the antidepressants didnt do anything for me if at all made me feel ickier, weirder. 

Im thinking of praying because im not sure there is anything more powerful than that during these times. 

I'm newish to it, so now is as good as a time as any! Hope you are well

x0x0x0   

• Posted

Hi mauiblue. My 4th was pretty good. We had a cookout at my nephew's brand new house he just had built. I hope your 4th was good. I am 58 and I'm taking Trazodone 100mg. But I came to my symptoms late. I had my last period in 2010 but had no menopause symptoms until 2014. My doctor said some women have such a high level of estrogen it takes a while for their levels to drop low enough for them to start having symptoms.

I do pray a lot, it has helped me. Plus you ladies on this forum. You mean so much to me. ????

• Posted

Hi Juanita

So do you feel like your gettin through the storm? I do a little teeny weeny bit. I dont think i will ever be as i was before nor are we supposed to.

I think what bothers me is my mood is flat often and id hate for his to carry over into my older years. I guess that will be up to me to change that! they call it the 'internal work'..

Well im glad you had a nice time at nephews..new house wow..wish we had one! But we have a roof and thats all good ya know?

gratitude gratitude gratitude, and Amen

x0x0x0

• Posted

Hi mauiblue. I'm just trying to be grateful for all I have. The storm is actually slightly. I cried most of yesterday. My mood is just so low now. Got on Facebook and saw where this young lady I used to work with had lost a ton of weight. I was glad for her, but on her timeline she was talking about colon cancer(she lost her brother to it in 2016). I have to stay off Facebook. I'm thinking of deleting my account.

I took a few days off after the 4th. Not going back to work until Tuesday and dreading it. It's my mood, it's just awful. BUT, I'm grateful for God, health, family, friends and this forum.

I did make myself go to the movies by myself Friday. I haven't done that in a long time. I used to have no problem going by myself, now I have to take a Valium to do it.

I hope this passes soon, so I can get on with my life. Right now I just feel like I'm going nowhere, just existing you know? I they say exercise, drink water, vitamins yada, yada, yada. I do all that.

Sometimes even my antidepressant doesn't help. But I do know hormones are powerful, especially when they're working on your mind. I can't go around, under, or over this, I can only go through it, holding on to God's unchanging hand.

• Posted

you now what Juanita

I dont have a face book account,because i just think its too heavy, although everyone shares many things, and its cool i find it unpleasant and toxic. ive never had one for that reason, its like the undercurrents of it all isnt real to me.

im sorry your day is going like this, im running into work right now with heart beating fat, anxiety about that, its a long day today.

i just wanted to reaach out quick like to say you are not alone and i am with yaa. i iwillpost later when im home

Bless the day, and we will persevere.

x0x0x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.