Here I am again!!!! I have a question.

Posted , 15 users are following.

It seems I've been on here a lot lately. I know a lot of you ladies have spoken about waking up depressed, low mood, dark thoughts, feeling like you're in flight or mode etc. But it seems to get better as the day goes on. One of the ladies did explain that cortisol is higher in the morning and may be the reason for the terrible feelings and it lowers throughout the day so we feel better later in the day.

?BUT, has anyone woke up terrified? I mean literally afraid to get out of bed? That happened to me this morning. I have had many mornings(who am kidding, that's most mornings) where I didn't  feel like getting out of bed, but being scared to get out of bed is a new one. Then I cried on the way to work.  My health anxiety is also bad again. Are any of you afraid you are dying of something and you won't be able to live out your dreams and goals(whatever they are,  everyone has different dreams and goals some of mine are marriage, traveling, long healthy retirement, long life, and health for family).

?I pray, exercise, drink plenty of water, take a good multivitamin, magnesium, fish oil, D3. I take a mild antidepressant(it's a SNRI, not a SSRI because the side effects are so nasty). I have Valium, but don't take it very often because I don't want to get addicted(they're like my security blanket in case of the really bad days and believe it or not I didn't take any today lol). Honestly I wonder how I would cope if I wasn't doing the few things I am doing to feel better. I don't think I've ever talked to God so much or been closer to him.

5 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Juanita and Sassy and whoever posts here   wink

I try to think of how dreadful it was for those women back then who either suffered in silence, and/or who cracked.

Imagine the tremendous stress just trying to figure out what went wrong with your mind and body, and trying to figure it out ALONE. 

Ii alsos wonder if it is worse for us now as we are exposed to much more toxins, with our ar, our food, our environmental overload in general..it seemed like things were fresher and more wholesome back in the day.

Im even

remembering back to 1970...yes 1970... when i used to visit a backyard garden at my friends house next door.  and the earth smelled so rich and cool, and i ate carrots out of the garden, and ive never tasted another carrot so delicious since. That goes the same for the wild apples and strawberries...

is it just me? or have things changed..?

xooxoxo

• Posted

Hi maui. I wonder the same things.  I can not find a tomato that tastes like they did when I was young either.
    • Posted

No it's not just you. The only way I can get a tomato that tastes like the good old days is to go to this Amish store about an hour away from me.

Where I grew up, after the rain, the dirt smelled good enough to eat! Lol!

We had fig, peach, pear, apricot, and plum trees. Wild blackberries grew behind our house and my grandmother had a pomegranate brush. We are all of this plus everyone had a garden. Everything tasted so fresh and good.

• Posted

Juanita.  Okay so you sound like you grew up in my neighborhood. Lol.  What part of the states are you from?  I am from the southeast
    • Posted

Lol.  I know what you are talking about!  I live in middle ga right now but I am from south ga.  The blackberries and tomatoes ...Peaches!!  Good ole days😊

• Posted

the soil also has deteriorated over the years.

The fruit sounds fantastic I'm from the Northwest where we have a lot of grapes apples berries Wine Country like.

I don't feel like I digest anything the same anymore it has to do with menopause but also just all of the types of foods that are so processed now, these things didn't exist in the 70s or 80s very much.

so you gals must have Southern Accents!

every time I'm around people with their accents I start copying themwink

• Posted

The fruit and vegetables in the grocery store or sometimes just awful...like not even real!

Same thing for the milk!

• Posted

I'm from Arkanas. I grew up in southeast Arkansas, but now live in Central Arkansas. I have two nephews that live in Atlanta.

Yes, the good old days when food tasted like it should. Not like styrofoam!😂😂😂😂

• Posted

Just awful! Fruit and veggies have no taste!I find if I buy the organic milk, it has a better fresher taste. Probably all in my head😂😂😂😂😂

• Posted

Here's the funny part. I lived in Indianapolis, IN for six years, only one person said they detected a slight southern accent when I spoke. I don't have the southern drawl that drives men wild!😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Posted

I think the organic tastes better too.  But the veges, not so much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.