Here I am again! Struggling.

Posted , 19 users are following.

Is anyone struggling mentally? Is life going to be good again? Not that it's bad. I think hopeless is a better word. I feel like such a hypocrite as I am a woman of faith(meaning I believe in God and I pray). I have NEVER been like this before. I realize this is a another menopausal bump and I'll get over it, but man this is crazy!

8 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi juanita. I am struggling right along with you today. Even when i get good news or I just simply don't have any reason to be down....I still can't seem to shake the doom and gloom. I know this is a symptom of peri. I just wish it would end. I get exhausted trying to fight it. Maybe accepting it would be better. How old are you? I recite any verses I can remember daily to get through.

• Posted

I am 58. But don't be alarmed. I came to menopause late. I was 51 when my periods stopped. But I had a high level of estrogen that kept my symptoms at bay until 2014. Then the bottom dropped out and I've been going around on this menopausal merry go round ever since.

My favorite quote is "be still and know that I am God". I also read the 23rd Psalm every day. God and you ladies have been my saving grace. Lisa68384 said don't fight it. That makes sense. It reminds me of " this is not your battle, it's the Lords" and "when you are weak I am strong".

• Posted

Juanita, I found this post very interesting.  I had my last period in 2009 at 53.  Thought I was doing just fine, never connected some of the symptoms to meno.  But by 2013 (4 years later) was getting into vaginal atrophy and dryness.  

This has always bothered me, that I did well for so long.  (Or at least that's how it felt)   So here's my question.  Did you have labs done on your hormones at meno, or after?  How do you know your estrogen was running high?     I never had mine measured and now I wish I had.  

• Posted

I believe after. I did have a few hot flashes but that was it. Nothing else until 2014 when the bottom dropped out. It also bothers me that so did well for so long. It's like this false sense of security.

• Posted

2nd Corinthians 20 chapter? Verse 15. 2nd Corinthians only has 13 chapter am I reading your user name wrong?
    • Posted

Oh yeah duh Corinthians would be Cor. 😂😂😂 menopause brain!

• Posted

that is exactly what it's like, a fall sense of security.  You think, "hey this is a breeze"  until it tanks and you feel horrid day after day.  

Mind if I ask, what does "the bottom dropped out" feel like to you?  

• Posted

Hi gailannie. Bottom dropping out for me is I don't feel like me. I used to be happy fearless, not a care in the world, now feel hopeless, no appetite, gassy, rumbly tummy, I can't eat what I want like I used to. Worrying about every little ache or pain. It's hard to laugh about anything. There are outside factors too, finances, loneliness (those another story). Low mood, I won't go to the movies alone anymore. I'm afraid a lot. Worry about my family. I could go on but that would take hours!😂

Sometimes I wonder if menopause is a test of our faith. I know it's a natural occurrence in a woman s life, but the mental part is hard. Also, normal chores that I used to perform with gusto? No more. I just want to lay around. I pray to God I will feel more like myself soon. God bless you.???

• Posted

I’m sitting here Sunday morning, reading all the responses and it’s just so crazy how we can all have so many similar things! Yes, feeling like the bottom drops out is perfect description.. i just don’t feel like myself at times either. Can’t laugh or act like my normal self..like I can’t even hold a conversation because I think people will sense how off I am. But then it did subside, so I know it’s hormonal. Of course other symptoms pop up, like now I’m feeling a bit better mentally but my joints are terribly painful and I can’t stop eating!! But I guess that is the least of it , if it gets me through the day! Take care and keep trying to find a positive for every negative thing we experience! Sending all the positivity and hugs I can! ??👍

• Posted

Sending hugs your way.?? I just discovered something from the fb menopause forum. The ladies swear by it, this is all and the only thing seem to work for them especially with mood swings , anxiety and overall well being. I just started taking it yesterday and I dont know if it's just in my head or just so badly want it to work. But i think it's working already, but i will give it a full week. I can pm you the name of it.

• Posted

Mary, I would be interested in hearing about what you're taking. 😊

• Posted

I, too, am very interested in what you're taking.   I'm trying all kinds of things to manage the hormonal balancing act smile  Would you mind pm'ing me as well? <3 

• Posted

I’m new here and would also like to know what it issmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.