Here we go again 😞

Posted , 13 users are following.

Health anxiety is high today, has been for the last couple of days, aches and pains all over, hyperventilating etc. Am trying breathing exercises but not helping too much at the moment - I know it's psychological, the more I think about it, the worse I feel. Sorry folks, just wanted to offload a bit ๐Ÿ˜ž

2 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Karen..sounds like me today! Struggling to look after my granddaughter as every breath I try to take is a struggle and have sharp stabbing pains all over and in my back and chest. I feel ur pain
    • Posted

It's horrible isn't it Paula, let's try keep smiling and hope it passes soon ๐Ÿ˜Š
    • Posted

It is ๐Ÿ˜ต my life has been on hold for last 3 years with it being really bad. Had to give my job up as well. Had health anxiety most of my life but especially cardiophobia last 27 years after having my son. Nightmare. Starting NLP on Mon and she's confident she can help so I live in hope! Just try and breeeathe. I'm gonna look up the Buteyko technique when my hubby gets in lol
    • Posted

That sounds interesting, gonna have a look myself. Stay strong ๐Ÿ˜˜
  • Posted

Hey Karen you and I both. Mine has just started acting up again as of yesterday, but I got a 1.5 week break from hypochondria and anxiety. I was diagnosed with anxiety 4months ago after intense heart&chest pains sent me to the ER few days after Christmas. I couldn't stay asleep, grinder my teeth so hard my jaws n gums were sore. My left arm kept going dead n I kept hyperventilating.

After all that I started getting aches&pains all over, makes me worry constantly that I have at least 5dfrnt types of cancer. Diabetes,lupus, MS, ALS you name it. But sometimes I get a break from it all for like 2wks.

I notice when I sleep in my friend's big, comfy bed upstairs with lights off I feel normal. But when I sleep on my lumpy futon in my basement apt with a light on I feel weird aches.

So now I'm starting to tell myself I'm not dying n stop checking my body for signs of illnesses.

• Posted

I agree, sometimes I just need to have a word with myself... and sometimes I can but then other times it seems too hard. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
    • Posted

Hi Nattalie I know where your coming from I have general anxiety disorder plus health anxiety started after my dad died I was only 27 had a 10 month old son and an older daughter but had this for about 5 months now wake up about 5 in morning then it starts like a fever then chills feeling of fear trembling loss of appetite during day weight loss I seem to better at night time and get my appetite back all blood test came back ok been on citalapram for 6 years but Dr going to change them talked to a therapist on telephone there's a 3 month waiting list but going to a group one nxt wk just want to get right again like your selfย 
    • Posted

I'm in a new country where I barely know anyone and have hardly any money. So I can't afford to get therapy or even visit doctors to have a million tests done. Of course when It just started I went to a doctor n was told it's anxiety disorder n very high stress levels.

But the health anxiety is the worst n it's like every single day someone I know dies! These days my heart rate goes up n I get anxious when I get calls or texts from certain numbers because I think it's gonna be news of another person I know dying

• Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who can help?
    • Posted

I have a good friend who is a psychotherapist, she is a good listener but I usually try to handle it myself ๐Ÿ˜Š
    • Posted

Yo! Where have you been? I trust that you've been doing well. I've been hanging in there and guess what? Anxiety, hypochondria,depression all gave me some time off! For almost two weeks I was normal again! Since yesterday I started feeling crappy again though, private message me.
    • Posted

that's good! How long have you been having the issues for?
    • Posted

I've always suffered slightly with anxiety and I could manage it ok. Then my brother died suddenly a couple of years ago and it has just escalated since then, I'm ok for a while and then suddenly there it is again, this bout started about Xmas time and I seem to get it under control and then there it is again ๐Ÿ˜ž
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that.

My anxiety this time around was triggerd by one of my best friends dying, so I get how hard this can be.

If you ever need anything, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

You are not alone.

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

I know how you feel karen I lost my mum and brother within 3 days of one another and my sister who was my best friend died 10 months later from a brain tumour I looked after her all the time we did a lot of things together and I was so strong but afterwards I was so bad saw a phycatrist for 3 years then a counsalar this was 14 years ago I have always had anxiety just worry about everything and if something is seriously wrong with me thanks for listening
    • Posted

I feel exactly the same, the smallest thing becomes massive doesn't it, especially health related for me ๐Ÿ˜ž. Stay strong, it's all we can do ๐Ÿ˜Š

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.