Here we go again 😞

Posted , 13 users are following.

Health anxiety is high today, has been for the last couple of days, aches and pains all over, hyperventilating etc. Am trying breathing exercises but not helping too much at the moment - I know it's psychological, the more I think about it, the worse I feel. Sorry folks, just wanted to offload a bit 😞

2 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

All of you who deal with this every day are inspirational to me.  You manage to get on with living your life and do what you can to get through each moment and I can then believe that I can do the same when i am overwhelmed with anxiety.

Please keep telling your stories, good or bad, so that we know there are others who know what we are going through and that there is hope for moments of relief.

Thanks for sharing your struggle and may you have a better day today than you did yesterday.

• Posted

😔 sorry to hear about your anxiety. I unfortunately am like this everyday 😣....I've been off work for over 3 months now bc of the severity of it.

Try to stay positive!... it's hard I know as the brain is so overpowering.

Sandi

• Posted

Thank you sandi I will  I look at other people every where and wondering if they are going thru the same thing take care
    • Posted

You are not alone Pauline. Although it is hard to feel alone at times during these tough times....

Not sure about your situation but I suffer from terrible anxiety and panic attacks....since I was a child... my fears tho are triggered from thoughts.. my brain is out of control. My doc wants me to start back on antidepressants again. Idk if I want too...they cause alot of other issues..

• Posted

Hi sandi had severe anxiety on and off for 30 years this is the worst I have been for years it runs in the family have it 24/7 wake every morning at 5 alright for about 10 mins then I feel it coming on burning up sweating then cold pins and needles all over trembling like nervous feeling then about 6 o'clock it seems to ease a bit been on citalapram for 6 years but doesn't seem to be working now got in with a therapist but 3 months waiting list but had a telephone conversation with him and from him listening to me and asking questions he thinks it's GAD plus health anxiety as well sorry going on about it but it does help talking about it and that many people are in the same position 
    • Posted

😔 don't be sorry -I understand. Believe me....I posted a discussion too explaining my issues if u wanted to look it up under phobia or my name.

I am the same. The only time I'm not feeling anxious is when I'm sleeping. However I barely sleep. The physical symptoms caused by the constant anxiety has made it much worse. This too is the worst it's been for me as well. I've been off of work now for 3 months...idk how I'm going to go back feeling this way....my doc wants me to start back in cipralex but I'm hesitant as antidepressants are potent. I believe they've made my situation worse over the years until I finally broke down....

• Posted

That's the only time sandi is when I sleep I have been on sleeping tablets for a few years so I get about 3 to 4 hours sleep I would love to wake up in the morning and feel as if I had a goods night sleep 
    • Posted

Pauline, it's so awful. Like life is tough enough...aside from having to deal with anxiety and panic....
  • Posted

Sorry to hear that karen but your not on your own thought it was only me I have been like that 24/7 since jan it eases off a bit at night time wish I could feel good just for one day. It's like a vicious circle the more you think about it  the more it gets worse 
  • Posted

Hi Karen-it has been about 5 hours ago and I am wondering how you are feeling now?  any better?  I sure hope that you are.  Nice deep breaths-through your nose and out of your mouth-all is well-all is well, all is well-just repeat this over an over and smile-smiles release soothing hormones.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.