Here we go again...

Posted , 9 users are following.

Oh well... it was only a matter of time.  Hello my lovely friends, I am still an "elbow hole" !  Freaking lost it, after 14 days.  Sick, sick, sick.  All wined out.  'Wish I was dead... same old, same old, same old.  

1 like, 62 replies

62 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Alonangel...I still wake up early although I do not drink anymore but it seems to me that you are in bad state today?? 14 days and had wine yesterday?? Try to stop immediately and back to no drinking IF you can. Forget it and do not blame yourself....you can do it!! Best of luck and I MEANT IT!! Robin
    • Posted

Robin,

Alonangel is using a method where someone HAS to drink on the medication to get the overall result at the end of the treatment.  Something happened here that meant she lost control by the sound of it.  I am thinking one of the following 3 things might've happened:

Either she didn't take the tablet, she didn't wait the 2 hours or the intention was to get drunk.  If Alon did take the tablet and wait the 2 hours then she will face today without the compulsion to continue into further mindless drinking.

But if Alon didn't take the tablet, or didn't wait the 2 hours, then the right thing to understand is that you immediately need to stamp out your brain's cravings by taking the tablet and having a drink in a controlled fashion again.  If you do that, then YOU regain control and your brain doesn't start going off in the direction of a runaway train.

• Posted

Hi Joanna,

"The runaway train went over the hill and she blew" !!!

Oh dear.  I was very stressed out... lost the plot etc.

Alonangel 😩

• Posted

Thank you, Robin. I don't know what to do for the best.

Alonangel 🎇 

• Posted

Don't get too down on yourself, it's self-defeating.

Instead, know that had you taken the Selincro then it all would've worked out completely differently.  You most likely would've had two or three drinks, it wouldn't have answered the call, you would've gone 'meh' and put it down.

You would've woken and understood it for what it was - another step towards complete indifference towards alcohol.

Just knowing that may help you make the take the tablet next time something like this builds up.

• Posted

Pardon my ignorance since I never took and was probably lucky. As usual, very technical and great reply from you. Keep going and I do wish Alonangel back on track. Robin
  • Posted

Did you take the Selincro and wait the 2 hours?

If so, then it is not a failure.  It is just part of the process and you have learned that the drink didn't do as expected, even after 14 days.  Your brain was expecting something that it didn't get, so it is one step nearer the end goal of indifference towards alcohol, and less likely to try it again...

• Posted

I'll go out on a limb here, but at a guess, with the tone of the post, I would say Selincro was not involved here. This would not be controlled drinking. I could be wrong, but that is what my gut is telling me.
    • Posted

My gut feeling too, sadly, but I hope we are wrong....

I did mention to Alonangel at about the 7 or 8 days AF stage not to push it too far, because on this method the tablet needs to be taken as soon as a craving hits in order to have the 2 hours wait time and the ability to drink controlled.  Waiting too long and trying to white-knuckle it is counter productive to this method and just means that when the almost inevitable fall happens, the person either doesn't take the tablet or is craving too bad that they have lost the ability to try and drink slowly.

If the tablet wasn't taken, or the 2 hours wait didn't happen then the best thing to do is to immediately take the tablet today and engage in controlled drinking again.  If the brain got the endorphin rush from drinking again, then it need to immediately know that it isn't going to get it again.

• Posted

Were you AF for 14 days, Alonangel? That's a huge accomplishment! Keep on with the Selincro, you've a ways to go yet. Outstanding job so far, I'd say!
    • Posted

Thanks, ADEfree.  I am trying to decide how to fix things.

Alonangel  🎇

• Posted

Glad to hear you're getting back at it with the Selincro, Angel! It sounds like you were really going for the AF days, but Joanna's right. You've got to keep an eye peeled for the craving and always answer it with the Selincro and a drink after the 2 hour wait. You don't need any more than one drink to move the extinction forward a step, so mindful drinking is your good friend here. If you don't want that 2nd drink, put the cork back in the bottle and be done with it for the evening. 
  • Posted

Hello Alon,

This is very simple, it was a lapse, we all have them, there is no shame in that.

Now this is the important bit. It is how you deal with it, that shapes us. Consider it a blip and carry on the good work or wallow in self pity and drink even harder to forget.

There is a right and wrong choice, make the right one.

• Posted

Hello RHGB,

I am trying to stop the wallowing... there is only so much self-pity I can bear.  I need to decide how to go about the right choice.

Thank you for the good advice.

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

It's a glitch Angel.Get back in the horse and start again
    • Posted

Thanks, Nicole.  I am looking for the right horse !

Alonangel 🎇

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.