Heroin addict, doing a rapid suboxone taper

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have been a heroin addict for 5 years, it was a half gram a day, sometimes more, I recently decided I don't want to live like that anymore, so I decided to try suboxone to first break the junkie routine I had established, and immediately began tapering. For example, I took 8 mgs day 1, 4 mgs days 2 and 3, 2 mgs 4-8. My plan is to keep cutting in half every four days, until day 16, being my last dose, am I crazy? I feel OK, and like I would probably be fine if I had jumped today, but that's probably the half life messing with me?

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

The sleeplesness does evntually go , I had my best sleep last might , but amd disturbed by allergic asthma at the moment ,see how you feel but the high morale and determination will get you through . Im nor sure where you are in  the world but wish you a happy new year from a damp but mild Kent Uk .
    • Posted

Thank you, I'm in Maine, U.S. happy new year to you. I actually slept great, woke up and I feel normal, I thought since I dropped so low so quickly, I would really feel it. But honestly its been better every day. I've put a lot of faith in mind over matter, I think it's the key
    • Posted

Hi Jrok, Im in the UK too, near where they filmed the full monty (People always know where by that description!!) just out of interest did you start on the Oxys first or just the heroin???
    • Posted

Haha, r u psychic? Or just aware of the epidemic that got everyone on dope!!! I was on oxy til they changed the formula so u couldn't snort or shoot it anymore.
    • Posted

Hope its all still going well jrok ? X
    • Posted

Hey Fran!! All is well, tomorrow is 30 days off the junk! The hardest part now is making sure I stay away from everyone involved in my D.O.C. it left me very alone. My gf loves me, but hasn't been there, so she just doesn't really know where I am. But everyday is better, I'm reuniting with good people I have turned away from over the course of my struggle. And that has been rewarding. H used to be the first thing I thought of in the morning, now i have to be reminded of it, and when I am, I don't crave, I just get happy and euphoric thinking about how free I am, and full of possibility life is. Thank you for the support, you have been a friend when I needed it most. How are you?
    • Posted

Oh , it makes so happy to see you succeeding , brings a tear to my eye ! I am ok ish , back still a big problem , but just getting on with it ,may need further surgery but thats major stuff so not too keen to rush there ! 

Im so proud youve turned everything around , and that youre enjoying life. our other halves cant really appteciate how hard it gets , my oh is a v tough army officer who just gets through things , but has been v supportive in a lets not talk too much about it kind of way !  But I know he is on my side, and thats what we all need . 

Keep in touch and let me know how youre doing , I love that you are now helping others and reaching out to help . Xx

• Posted

I quite agree, and am so pleased you had a good night , well done, PMA is the way to go , as my husband says ( positive mental attitude ) 

Take care . X

• Posted

Well today was my fourth and last day on .5mg, putting my total dose at 30 mg distributed over 16 days. I have basically felt fine except minor physical withdrawal, and a lot of strong feelings, the whole way lol. I am cutting down to .25 mg tomorrow for four days and jumping. I guess my question is, other than mental, and emotional acute symptoms, does anyone have any input on the physical withdrawal I am in store for? I have very strong will, and am strong minded, I have just read more horror stories on the forums than anything!
    • Posted

Fantastic work. I know everyone differs but I have found that withdrawl for me is about 21 days. The last 7 not being as bad as the first 14, but still unpleasant. So your timescale on 0.25 sounds perfect to avoid the  worst of the withdrawl symptoms - you're very nearly there, hope your week goes smoothly.
  • Posted

You are doing so well  , Im so pleased for you!  Physical stuff is loose bowels , aches in all your muscles, restless legs and sleeplessness , but it all passes , and as the saying goes "that which doesnt kill me makes me stronger" 

really proud of you x

• Posted

Thank you for the support Fran

Yesterday was my first day on .25, I felt fine, was out of the house all day, and walked 4mi. I have had the loose bowels every morning around coffee, but that's it. I'm very sore today, however I think it's from all the exercise. And I sneeze a lot. My sleep has been great, 6 solid hrs every night except a couple, I owe it to marijuana, Valerian root, and magnesium, oh and to this forum, this is one of the different things I am trying this time around, and it truly helps, to just vent to people who understand. If this taper works, and if I don't experience anymore discomfort than I already have had, I will write out step by step what I did, and encourage others to try, I think the biggest part is mental

• Posted

+1 for Valerian root and Marijuana - I don't care what the doctors say I'll take that combo any day over Zopiclone and Valium offered by my GP.

I reckon your symptoms should be gone by next week!

• Posted

Thats brilliant Im thrilled its going so easily , You have the right frame of mind and determination, very well done x
  • Posted

Hello to anyone still following this, yesterday I decided to stop dragging it out, and I jumped from .25mg. Last dose being exactly 48 hrs ago, I was really lazy all day, couldn't get out of my own way, and kind of achy, I forced myself to go for a hike, and it helped immensely. RLS set in early, I took magnesium, THC, tea, multivitamin, a non narcotic muscle relaxer, and ate great, every day since I started the taper. Today I woke up after 7 hrs of broken sleep, more than normal BTW, normal bowels, no aches, and the occasional chill, but 100% better than yesterday. Is it possible that I have beaten this, and am thru the worst of it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.