Herpes infection scare

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

This forum looks really hepful. I had protected vaginal and almost protected oral sex (she took my testes in her mouth) around 10 days ago. I experienced slight fever and ache in my legs around 12-24 hours later which went away in around 1 day. 3 days post exposure I started observing bumps on my penis head. I am uncircumcised. The worrying part is that there were 2 clusters of around 2-3 bumps and couple discrete ones. They did not itch or hurt but were reddish in color. One of them was like a whitehead. I saw two GPS- both took swab tests and one of them for viral culture has come out negative. The other test result in awaited. One of the GP prescribed an anti fungal cream and the bumps are almost healed now in around 4-5 days. I see dark red skin. It doesn't itch or hurt when I try to poke it with a w-tip. I have never had such symptoms before and I had sex after a long time. I am really scared if I caught Herpes. I have only experienced slight fever on and off, which is gone now and no other accompanying symptoms. Is it common for herpes sores to never have fluid or ulcerated on uncircumcised penis heads and heal within 4-5 days? 

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Are you sure you don't have Ghsv 1? Since she gave you oral , I didn't see anywhere that you said you had cold sores in your mouth so that's why you had those antibodies. And when they did the swab did they do it for both hsv 1 and 2?

• Posted

If you already have detectable IgG at the time of an outbreak, then it is an old infection, not new. He thus already had HSV1 at the time, and as such, should be immune from getting it elsewhere.
    • Posted

I've read many ppl suffering from hsv1 genital when they think they had it just orally. In fact , they caught it genitally as well. I read through a lot but I mean a lot of threads of ppl saying they thought the same as you , that they already have the antibodies but were still infected by ghsv 1 and still tested negative via igg , WB and some DNA swabs. There was this one guy who seroconverted after 12 months and another 2 years. It's possible , that's why this virus is crazy and so misunderstood.

• Posted

That's usually the case with HSV2, not HSV1. There are always exceptions, though, but most people with healthy, normally functioning immune systems who are not on continuous suppressive meds from the onset will seroconvert by 3 months, with full antibody production at 4 months.

• Posted

What Feliz said is absolutely correct, and I know myself now that I did not get HSV during that encounter. I would have seen some lesions on my scrotum had I contracted it there.  I did not have other HSV symptoms either, all I had was couple of headache and random twitches which can easily be stress induced. If you are trying to figure out if you have it or not, go see doctors in person and don't repeat my mistake of overanalyzing your symptoms yourself.

I am paying a heavy price for doing so, and would strongly urge you to not repeat my mistake.

• Posted

I'm just speculating becasue I was on another forum and many of them 4 out of 5 had ghsv 1 and 3 of them already had it oraly. Those symptoms you say you have many of them had. I'm going through the same situation , I had protected oral start to finish, and it lasted about 2 minutes. After that ordeal I began to get these so called hsv symptoms. Exactly 3 days after the encounter. Mine was protected and I'm wondering why am I feeling like this. I think ghsv 1 is the culprit , even if I tested negative through 22 weeks already. Had 2 western blots and negative pcr cell swab. But what else can it be, your symptoms sound the same as mine, not 100 percent but everyone's body is different. You should get those lesions swabbed once again if they occur. Especially for hsv 1.

• Posted

What are ur symptoms? Talk to an STI expert answer here oeace of mind

Don’t read forums too much 

• Posted

You are both over anxious, and don't even try to get Cali freaked out again! He hasn't tested positive and neither have you despite so many different tests up to 22 weeks, and you didn't even receive unprotected oral to begin with. Why you would even think that you have it is beyond me, and trying to get someone else worked up about it again without just cause is really not cool.

• Posted

I understand, and my bad on my part. I guess I'm just loving with the notion that I have it. It's either that or a new Sti which I've also read a lot of ppl being negative for years and never passing anything down to their partners. I just find it so rare that these symptoms began 3 days after. Once I read the thead that I'm telling both of you I in a way accepted my fate. What these guys went through, years , money , one of them was from the UK and he was the first one to get a WB shipped to the UK. Sorry cali for bringing it up but we may be a few that take longer than 6 months or even a year to seoconvert. I hope to God neither of us have it genitally. Thanks for both of your quick responses , if you're interested I can send you guys the link, it's a 29 page thread with almost 3 years worth of these peoples journey and all they went through. Thanks again.

• Posted

Feliz,

My life has become living hell. I woke up every hour last night to just slap myself to the point where my ear started ringing. I so regret not having listened to you and now am trying to make Chris understand and he won't listen. HoneyComb is the worst support group ever and I pray to God that it gets deleted. That is the forum which is 100% responsible for my misery. And am 100% sure Chris is talking about Honeycomb.

It made me disbelieve 2 PCPs, 3 online STI experts and you and led me to self destruction.

• Posted

Let me tell you- STOP READING HONEYCOMB AND MOVE ON.

You don't even need to tell me the name of the forum you are talking about. It' s a s**thole of a place. people attribute their acne to Herpes there.

And there is no super STI which can penetrate a condom. Are you hearing yourself, dude? Get over it. See a counselor please. Something I should have done a long time ago.

• Posted

1. STOP READING HONEYCOMB. People attribute their acne to Herpes there.

2.There is no super STI which can penetrate a condom.

3. Yes 3 days- well sometimes rough sex can lead to tiny breaks in the skin of the glans which can lead to yeast infection and what not. Condoms can also cause irritation. Yeast infections also take time to pop up like HSV.

4. DO SEE A PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR AND GET OVER YOUR ANXIETY.

• Posted

And consider yourself lucky that you haven't done anything self-destructive like me and are still safe. Please get help soon.

• Posted

It is honeycomb and what these guys went through as well doesn't mean they lied, it's fascinating what they went through , once I read it I stopped testing. I'll just live my life and if I ever get an Ob then I'll get tested , if not then I won't trust these blood tests , especially for hsv 1. Thanks for replying and I hope you find what is and what was causing your pain and anguish. Good luck and wish you nothing but health.

• Posted

Thanks and wishing the same to you.

I would choose to see actual doctors rather than read Honeycomb and drive up my anxiety- that's the lesson that I have learnt the hard way. Take care. 

• Posted

I never joined Honeycomb, as there are too many uneducated types on there dispensing false information and looking for cures, when I know there isn't one and won't be one for some time. The site never appealed. This one is better and is moderated, although the new moderators aren't so good at detecting and removing junk. Still better, imo.

• Posted

Yes, Feliz. I repent joining honeycomb every day. You, Terri Warren and my doctor had almost convinced me that I dint have herpes. One day my doctor told me I had constipation and that’s how I landed there and then began my cycle of misery. My constiptaruon was stress induced but led me to more anxiety and I wasn’t even thinking straight anymore. Led me to repeat my mistake. The girl just grinded her ass against my unprotected penis for 4 seconds and it led me to contracting HSV sad
    • Posted

I trust you mean that it led you to falsely believe you contacted HSV!
    • Posted

No Feliz, I got it the second time sad 

I have pain in my legs (which keeps moving fronrihjt to left leg) and lower back pain on and off too. I have lost weight around my butt which are all hsv symptoms sad

I feel so stupid everyday. I can’t get over this. I never knew the girl is going to do that but I shouldn’t have been there when everyone’s told me that I dint have hsv. 

I got my eyes checked today and the doctor said that they are perfect. I feel stupid for ruining my perfect organs just due to anxiety sad

• Posted

Those are not symptoms of herpes or anything else of significance. Never even heard about butt weight loss as a symptom! Plus it's ridiculous to think 4 seconds of practically nothing would lead to herpes. You don't have HSV2 and your HSV1 was pre-existing, according to tests. If you still don't get that, then unfortunately I can't help you any further!

• Posted

I understand what you mean, Feliz and you have been the best help for me online. I really mean it. Thank you for all your time and guidance smile 

I also feel like the unluckiest person to have gotten it like this, but I can't think of any other contact which could have led to this. Somehow my penis rubbed against her anus or vagina during the brief grinding neutral

It's funny that now when I have more symptoms, I want to find out other reasons for these. I found out that Diabetes causes 'Radiculoplexus neuropathy' which is very similar to Herpetic nerve pain- usually on one side of the body. This type of neuropathy can lead to weight loss and I found one girl who has HSV2 and she has symptoms very similar to me sad

I really don't want to believe I have HSV2, but I have lost almost all hope now. I will be repeating the WB in couple of months to be sure. 

• Posted

Is this the same possible exposure that you first mentioned or is this a recent one ?
    • Posted

Why do you refuse to believe your tests and want to convince yourself of something you don't have any evidence of having thus far? What will more tests do, really? You will only doubt those, too, when they fail to back up your belief that you have herpes, so what's the point? I honestly give up.

Chris, if you're a decent person, please don't question Cali anymore on this. He is clearly anxious well beyond healthy levels and doesn't need anyone feeding him any more ideas or things to worry about. This is my last post to this thread, as clearly I have not been able to help at all. Good luck to you both.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.