Herpes infection scare

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

This forum looks really hepful. I had protected vaginal and almost protected oral sex (she took my testes in her mouth) around 10 days ago. I experienced slight fever and ache in my legs around 12-24 hours later which went away in around 1 day. 3 days post exposure I started observing bumps on my penis head. I am uncircumcised. The worrying part is that there were 2 clusters of around 2-3 bumps and couple discrete ones. They did not itch or hurt but were reddish in color. One of them was like a whitehead. I saw two GPS- both took swab tests and one of them for viral culture has come out negative. The other test result in awaited. One of the GP prescribed an anti fungal cream and the bumps are almost healed now in around 4-5 days. I see dark red skin. It doesn't itch or hurt when I try to poke it with a w-tip. I have never had such symptoms before and I had sex after a long time. I am really scared if I caught Herpes. I have only experienced slight fever on and off, which is gone now and no other accompanying symptoms. Is it common for herpes sores to never have fluid or ulcerated on uncircumcised penis heads and heal within 4-5 days? 

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Feliz,

This is how the worrisome lesion looked like, and now the skin has become super sensitive and just becomes red whenever there is any friction or rubbing.

• Posted

If it gets so easily aggravated, it sound more like an irritation of some sort, not herpes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.