Hey I'm Demi I'm 14 year old I have really bad anxiety all I have is heart fluttering feeling

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey I'm Demi I have anxiety for a few days now I've been having heart palpitations/fluttering I step thinking my heart gonna stop my heart is perfectly fine please help I'm scared??!!!xx

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you talked to your parents about going to teh doctor?
    • Posted

I go to the doctors ever 4 weeks yeah I told my mum but she says it my anxiety I'm thinking too much about it xx
  • Posted

Its normal for your heart to do this when your anxious, it happens to me too, infact its happening right now lol.. The more anxious you get the worse it gets and it'll turn into a horrible cycle, sit somewhere peaceful and do some breathing exersises to slow your heart rate down; in through your nose 5 seconds and out through your mouth slowly, keep repeating this until you atleast feel a bit more calmer, hope this helps xx
    • Posted

Thanks it just scary I'm 14 I'm never been through something this scary so I told my mum she says it my anxiety I step thinking my heart gonna stop but that only happens if u problems with your heart or something affect your heart xx
  • Posted

It's because your anxious, I get this all the time sometimes even when I'm not anxious it's my anxiety making sure i know it's still there! If it makes you feel better go to your doctor and get checked for your reassurance but don't pay too much attention to these skipped beats there usually nothing more than an annoyance it's rubbish! Just try to chill out and whatever is making you anxious you need to sort out it will make the anxiety subside and the palpitations should too smile
    • Posted

Yeah it even when I'm not anxious I think I'm gonna die I don't know why I think my heart gonna stop or something but my mum told me that only when you have heart problems or something that affect your heart is that true ?? Ive never been through this so it kinda all scary to me xx
    • Posted

Yes you can get them when you don't feel anxious, basically our nervous system is over sensitive and slight things can trigger it off. Please don't waste a year like I have worrying! I've had tests and I'm fine although I don't feel it, I'm starting to get on with my life because I won't let this anxiety win and you can't! Please don't worry about sudden death, it's very low risk and if it happened to you you wouldn't even know. Just live for today and don't let the palps win they really are just annoying anxiety symptoms. Live your life smile message me anytime I know what your going through x
  • Posted

Hi just wanted to know if you have seen a Dr at all ? My friend had a heart manner that could only be found when she gets excited or anxious or working or something where it got your heart beating hard. Maybe something to look into. Does it only happen when you are having a attack or does it do it when working out to. If only when having a attack you are just fine . Please let us know how you are doing
    • Posted

I've seen the doctor I go to appointments every 4 weeks she tells me it my anxiety but recently I've started getting the heart fluttering/palpitations last night I had a really bad panic attack I thought I was gonna die I usually get the heart fluttering mostly I have had it for 3/4 days im scared cause I think I'm gonn die my heart is perfectly fine ??
    • Posted

Your in luck you will be just fine your heart is most likely not even doing anything out of the ordinary its just when you have a attack your body release so much adrenaline and your muscles get tight and you feel stuff different I use to think mine was doing the same thing until I had a attack at the Dr and they had me on the heart thing and the thing so I could hear it myself it was doing the same thing just faster even when it felt like it was not
    • Posted

So my heart won't stop I'm fine then it just freaks out sometime I can't feel my heartbeat it scary xx
    • Posted

You will be fine 😊 it still scares me some times IV had the problem for years now. Just a little trick that helped me alot even after I found out it helped me pull it together fast. They make watchs and other things that you can press you finger on and it will show you what your heart beat is I liked the watch because you can use it anywhere and no one else will know I payed like $26 on eBay for mine
    • Posted

Thankyou I can't sleep right now I don't have any medical heart condition or that my mum told me I'm fine my heart won't stop cause my heart is perfectly fine is that true it only stops when u have problems with ur heart I'm only has anxiety for 6/7 months and I'm already going through this x
    • Posted

The good news is that nobody has ever had a heart problem well having a attack because when you have one your heart stops and when your having a attack it beats faster and harder . Also yes there is only a few reasons it will stop 1 if you have a problem with it or your blood which kind of falls under the same thing2 your just that old that its just used up we will say 3.something interrupt's the beat of it. Like being hit by lightning
    • Posted

Thanks it just scary did u ever get that cold sensation in your chest sometime I can feel my heartbeat and sometimes I can't please tell me I'm not gonna die or am I just overthinking things ??xx
    • Posted

Never got a cold one always a hot feeling for me. You are going to be fine
    • Posted

Thanks my worst fear is sudden cardiac death that scares me !!
    • Posted

Demilee, think about this logically. Sudden cardiac Death doesn't give you any warning symptoms at all. Your heart just stops beating and you die.

What you are describing is anxiety - which can make you more sensitive to strange feelings around the heart. You're definitely going to die - we all are - but at your age it won't be through sudden cardiac death! You'll probably live till you're ninety years old.

• Posted

Thanks yeah it just scary cause I get all panic way then think I'm gonna die I don't have any medical condition or heart conditions so I should be fine xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.