Hey I'm Demi I'm 14 year old I have really bad anxiety all I have is heart fluttering feeling

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey I'm Demi I have anxiety for a few days now I've been having heart palpitations/fluttering I step thinking my heart gonna stop my heart is perfectly fine please help I'm scared??!!!xx

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Demi,

You are perfectly fine. I have had panic disorder since I was 11 years old (I'm 43 now). It is such a scary thing to have at such a young age, believe me I've been there. But rest easy knowing that you are perfectly fine. Even though you feel like you're going to die or have a heart attack, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN... look how old I am now, and I've felt the way you've felt countless times. My heart would race so fast it felt like it would jump out of my chest along with the palpitations I would get. The heart fluttering is also normal, you may have a condition called mitral valve prolapse which is a very common and harmless condition where your valve just doesn't close all the way so sometimes feels like your heart flutters or skips a beat. People (like me) that have anxiety disorders also often times may have this condition too. Again, its harmless, you are absolutely fine and will be ok. 

You are perfectly fine and as scary as it feels, it's harmless.

• Posted

Thanks it just scary I'm never felt like this my worst fear dying xx

• Posted

I'm just scared cause I Dk what to do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.