Hey...lets talk about sex

Posted , 7 users are following.

9 weeks post prolapse bladder op and have tried the unthinkable this morning! Actually wasn't too bad even though I think I still have a stitch...another hurdle crossed!Β  Now my hubby has just made me some toast and coffee...aren't I lucky?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hija....glad to hear you're doing well...Have a great weekend!
  • Posted

Hi Eve, glad everything went well for you! I love hearing about all the positive experiences, they are very reassuring. I tried sex for the second time last night. The first time last week was uncomfortable but last night was quite the opposite! I am 6.5 weeks post rectocele repair. We are learning which positions are more comfortable than others and I'm sure there will be improvements as I heal completely.

But the symptoms from the rectocele are gone. Sex is getting better. (I couldn't feel anything before the surgery and now I do) I am very happy I had the surgery!!

• Posted

Oh thats good news...My op was just anterior repair so wasnt as bad as yours so thats great news that youre doing so well...good luck Heather x
  • Posted

Hi ladies, I'd like to resume this subject...

I have been having sex with my hubby and everything ok, he notice that my vagina is more narrow and both enjoy much more. I'm 5 months post ant repair.

I have several questions I would like to ask you ladies:

- lately, every time we have sex, the following day I have discomfort when peeing, I have had several cystitis during the last weeks and this weekend we had sex again another cystitis has shown its face. This morning I was peeing some blood and I went directly to buy the medicine that my dr has prescribed and a box of cranberry pills. Does it happen to you girls? Before surgery I never had cystitis. We had sex with preservatives and now we don't use them any more cos I also had hyst besides the ant repair.

- the first times I had sex I didn't have pain at all surprisingly... But lately we have tried more postures and oh my god it hurts! More than a pain, it's like feeling that the posture is harming you. We tried horse and doggy ( sorry to be so specific...) and i was not comfortable at all. My question is will these postures be painful for ever? 😒 We use lubricant by the way.

- and last but not least, I would try anal sex but I'm scared. Before surgery we used it from time to time and now would like to try, seeing that the postures that I used to like are painful. I didn't have post repair yet but I will have it done in the following months...what about anal sex having a mild rectocele ( my condition now) and furthermore, having a post repair? (My condition in the future)

I know these are delicate questions but any advice you can give me will be very helpful for me. I don't have any other person to ask about this!

Hugs my dears! 😘😘😘

• Posted

Hijadeonagro I laughed when I read you had sex with preservatives πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I know what you mean though.Β 
    • Posted

Excuse me Matron hahaha I meant condoms... ☺️

• Posted

Hijadeonagro,

Glad to hear your making progress. At 12 weeks post op, must admit we haven't tried penetrative sex ad yet, hospital asked 'why not' and said we could safely go ahead now. But I still feel a bit scared, the edge round the back of Vag... feels very thin and tight and can still be sore if wiped too harsh.

I am sure that last time when I had hysterectomy and anterior repair we had full penetrative around the 12 weeks. If I remember right it was still a bit sensitive.

I am sure that there is advice on the subject in the helpful resources section; the forum moderator posted some helpful sites and I think that there was something under physio section about best positionselling after prolapse repair . If I remember right I think Stephanie had posted something on there. Matron will probably be able to direct you there!

Phyl xπŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

• Posted

Meant 'best positioning'!
    • Posted

Thanks Phyl. I began having sex at 3 months post op more or less. My physio asked me why haven't you begun yet? And I answered: because I can't think about sex while I'm so worried about my surgery outcome. She understood of course. each woman needs different times, I needed more time than others but I'm happy to begin at the time I did. I wasn't ready before... So don't force yourself...

Hugs! 😘😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.