hi

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi changed my doctors over as moved area and they have me one pack of zop i usual have 2 a night didnt realise till i got my tablets from chemist.. whats going on ..worried

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think they only allowed to dish out one months supply at a time.  Its now a controlled drug class c apparently.
  • Posted

Hi jules , ive gone through the same, im a terrible panicker.. and convinced my self im not gonna sleep, and took 2 a night then ended up having to do without any the rest of the week, ive ordered of the net, asked other people. It becomes so bad, but seriously . TELL URSELF... ur cutting down . Try to not think theyve been reduced by ur doctor, ur doing this on ur own. Honestly , im still on them now but from 2 a night and years on them im now on 3.5 a night. Do wake up early but ive read up lots on this , and because they put u in a false state of sleep , thats y. Ive had nights without them and after the 3rd night ive began to sleep properly, but then I go and get my next prescription and have to start all over again, but at least ive cut down , I also have a c d walkman with paul mc kenna , how to sleep c d which I put on and go to sleep with when I have no tablets, hope this helps heatherx
    • Posted

thanks so much for your reply heather, i woke in the middle of the night i took one and a half , im really worried as im trying to get my life back together and they do this to us! how you doing now x
    • Posted

Well jules at least u took one,, im still waking and I go to bed about 11pm take a 3.5 and always awake at 3 am so now I just tell my self fall bk to sleep.... sometimes it works and sometimes I will take another,, all depends on what I have to do the next day. Im always busy but have a lot of appointments. This is what causes me to take another at 3 am ish..... I worry I wont get up to cope if I not had enough sleep.. crazy . Think ur life has to be in order to totally stop these tablets. But I really know I have to stop. Specially now the doctors are withdrawing them from patients eh?? Heather
    • Posted

hi heather sorry its taken so long to get back to you x im at the doctors on monday to see if they can give me something to help me come off zopiclone ive heard diazepan can help im not sure, how are you doing hun x
    • Posted

Hi Julie.  Like you i had been on zopiclone for many years and then just taken of them an dput on Mirtazapine an anti-depressant, which ididnt need. I didnt like the side effects and went back to gp to ask if anything else she could give me and she refused and said "try taking nothing". she refused diazepam and Phergan and all she was willing to do was refer me to a sleep clinic. I had a month of no sleep and then decided enough so i have resorted to b uying of the internet. If you want to come of them you will probably need support. Try CITA as some others have suggested on here. Google it. Good luck but i dont think i will ever be able to give them up. I function quite well on just one a night, so they are not a problem for me. Anti-histamines are supposed to make you drowsy so give them a go.
    • Posted

hi viven thank you for a reply x are they not expensive on the internet ? can u still buy them? could u tell me a name of an Anti-histamines are they for hay fever?? you are helping thank you x
    • Posted

Hi. Yes, you can still buy on the inrternet and yes, they are expensive.  Phenergan is an anti-histamine for hay fever, But they recommend it for sleep as well. You can buy it  anywhere.  Try it and see. 
    • Posted

thanks vivien i will get some. do u know how much it cost as im out of work at the moment x hope u are ok? x
    • Posted

They cost  £7.99 for 56 tablets, which isnt bad really.  Try taking two, or you could try a cheaper brand but make sure they are not the non drowsy ones.  Phenergan are best if you can afford them.  The doctor can prescribe them if you ask. Hope you begin to feel better soon.
    • Posted

hi vivien thank you so much. will they ask me what i want them for ? what should i say ? how long do i take the tablets before going to bed? your a star thank you x
    • Posted

Just ask for them over the counter. Anyone can buy them.  I would think about half hour before bedn time. 
    • Posted

Hi jules , not been on I pad, just reading a message sent to u about them outlawing zop s and they not know y... my doctor ,,, and ive read up on this too. Said they can cause early dementia, think im already there, forever forgettin things . Hope all well . H
    • Posted

hi heather i did read something about dementia scarey stuff. i do that forget things i write everything down . do u think its zopiclone thats done that scarey x
    • Posted

extremely doubtful. Zopiclone is very stable and the medical profession should stop interfering with the brains of already vulnerable people. Make your own judgement and dont believe all that is written re side effects etc
    • Posted

hi david , the worry will be stopping alot of us sleeping with or with out zopiclone, what can we do i took one last night and was awake worrying about it, not good help 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.